£14.55 per Hour
26 days ago
30 September 2022
3rd October 2022
Manual Software Tester – Temporary – Remote working
Yolk Recruitment Public Sector and Not-for-Profit is proud to be the exclusive recruitment partner for Careers Wales. As an organisation Careers Wales helps individuals plan their careers, prepares them to get a job, and helps them find and apply for the right apprenticeships, courses, and training.
As an employer, Careers Wales really are all about their people! They hold several accreditations and are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer, Time to Change, Stonewall and Bay Citizens ‘Community Jobs Compact’. Careers Wales is also an accredited Living Wage Employer and is working towards gold award with Corporate Health Standard.
Careers Wales also supports a diverse and inclusive workforce with internal networks such as LGBTQ and BAME networks as well as an active Mental Health Support Group and specialists interest groups such as parenting, menopause etc. They offer a 24/7 confidential counselling service, occupational health support and have Health & Wellbeing Champions and Mental Health Champions in each location.
We are supporting them to recruit a Software Tester who has Manual software testing of web applications and websites experience. We are looking for someone to work with the product development team to support the development process through manual software testing. The role will identify defects or bugs in the software under test. Test plans and test cases will be produced to test the software.
What you’ll be doing as a Software Tester
The role will work with the product development, DevOps team and suppliers to ensure manual tests are built into the quality assurance strategy, process and SDLC.
· To work with the live helpdesk to test defects or bugs raised in the production environment, and ensure all fixes are resolved with software suppliers prior to their release.
· Test procedures, plans, test cases and functional testing produced/performed for all software developed.
· Issues are raised to the Technical Project Manager or Product Development Manager where tolerance levels are exceeded.
What the successful Software Tester will bring to the team
· Manual software testing of web applications and websites
· Knowledge of testing processes and techniques
· Experience of functional testing e.g., Unit, integration, smoke, regression, acceptance etc.
· Experience of non-functional testing e.g., Performance, usability, accessibility etc.
· Knowledge and experience of working in an agile software development environment
· Strong communication skills
Here’s What You’ll Get in Return as a Software Tester
The successful will receive the following:
· An hourly rate of £14.55
Think this one’s for you
If you think this Software Tester role is for you then apply online or call Alice Briggs to discuss the role in confidence on 07458 142860.
Yolk Public Sector & Not-for-Profit team works with organisations across the UK to fulfil their recruitment needs and to achieve their D&I objectives. We recruit temporary, contract and permanent hires for 1 off specialist needs or for volume campaigns. We support our applicants to navigate the public sector recruitment processes and secure their dream jobs.
Yolk Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in our workforce. We employ the best people for the job at hand and actively encourage applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, educational background, parental status, gender identity or any other protected characteristic. We champion and celebrate diversity at Yolk allowing our team to bring their whole selves to work.