£30000 - £34000
about 1 month ago
Manufacturing Engineer (Machining)
£30,000 - £34,000
A new opportunity has been created for a Manufacturing Engineer with a background in CNC machining to join a growing Engineering business in an exciting new role.
The company is a long standing, innovative and market leading engineering business with a broad client base across a number of strong sectors and a proven record of investment. This role offers stability, security and the ability to make a difference in your role. The business boasts the highest staff retention, has an award winning leadership team and an open culture that welcomes new ideas and ways of doing things. This is an opportunity to join a close knit team and help to achieve the quickest and most effective routing from acceptance of sales order through manufacturing, inspection and dispatch.
This is what you’ll be doing
- Creating & verifying detailed manufacturing routings for new sales orders, process ownership
- Maintain involvement and input to the estimating & quotation process
- Preparation & regular review of labour costs and keeping these updated in a timely fashion
- Participate in contract review and new product quoting process, as appropriate.
- Assist in the creation of quotes estimating internal processing hours and producing routes of manufacture.
- Responsibility for the new product implementation process and manage allocated new customer business.
- Work closely with the production engineer to identify best practice and realise process improvements for new & existing products
- Maintain BOM’s & Routes, interrogate MRP report data to ensure accuracy of work orders
- Liaison with customer/Internal Production to manage individual contracts
- Any other activities that may with the role.
The experience you’ll bring to the team
- Formal qualification in an engineering or technical discipline.
- First-hand experience in CNC machining of precision components
- Familiarity with ERP/MRP systems and a good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows software, including Excel.
And this is what you’ll get in return
- A competitive salary of £30,000 - £34,000
- 25 days + bank holidays
- 10 % Pension
- Professional Development
- Proven career development opportunities
- Early finish Friday
- Free parking
Are you up to the challenge?
If you feel you have the skills, experience and passion to be successful in this role apply now.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.