4 months ago
Manufacturing Process Engineer (Continuous Improvement)
Hay on Wye
A new opportunity has been created for a Manufacturing Process Engineer to join the Continuous Improvement team within this well-established manufacturing business, as a result of continued growth and significant sustained investment. This role is well suited to either an experienced Manufacturing Engineer / Improvement Engineer who’s looking to join a business that gives you the time to carry out the work properly, or to an ambitious Engineer with experience utilising CI tools to deliver small improvement projects. Whatever your level of experience this is an outstanding opportunity for an Engineer wanting to grow and develop in a role that provides autonomy and technical challenge.
As Manufacturing Process Engineer in this team, this is what you’ll be doing:
- Delivering hands on Manufacturing Process Engineering, focusing on operational improvements across the site.
- Use technical expertise and influence to identify opportunities for process improvement projects, aligned to site strategy (safety, quality, delivery, cost, and people). Complete implementation through generation of data/technical justification, implementation and qualification.
- Carry out trending of data, assessing the capability of the process and taking action to improve product reject rates.
- Drive a major improvement project, utilising SMED to challenge current thinking and standard work to lock in and sustain.
- Deploy the use of electronic data collection platforms and analysis tools to enable OEE performance management and control.
- Implementation of change controls for process or equipment changes
- Work alongside Production and Technical Engineering departments to ensure sustainable implementation of operational excellence initiatives.
- Ensure all interactions and engagements are carried out with the highest ethical and professional standards.
The experience you’ll bring to the team
- Experience in Manufacturing, regulated or fast paced environment where both automation and the right people input are involved is desirable
- Able to demonstrate application of continuous improvement tools and techniques (Kaizen, Six Sigma, TPM, SMED, RCA) to deliver positive outcomes.
- A strong team player able to demonstrate ability to lead and facilitate informal and formal teams in the development and delivery of improvement solutions.
- Must be able to co-ordinate multiple activities concurrently.
- Hands on approach, problem solving mind set, good attention to detail, organised and methodical.
- Demonstrated ability to extract critical information to enable effective and appropriate decision making.
- Willing to learn, develop skills and knowledge.
And this is what the successful Manufacturing Process Engineer can expect in return:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Free parking
- Professional development
- The opportunity to work with like-minded Improvement engineers in a large and financially secure Manufacturing business that is continuing to invest in people, equipment and processes and to lead the way in its specialist field.
Are you up to the challenge?
If you feel you have the skills, experience and passion to be successful in this role apply now. You can apply here or contact our Head of Engineering Phil Pitman directly at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 02921 673717.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.