£28 - £32 per hour
7 months ago
MANUFACTURING TECHNICIAN - NEWPORT - £32 PER HOUR - INSIDE IR35 - 6 MONTHS (LIKELY EXTENSION) - SC CLEARED OR WILLING TO UNDERGO - ELECTRICAL/ELECTRONIC
Yolk Recruitment are recruiting for a Manufacturing Technician to work a 6 month deal from Newport for one of our major consultancy customers.
The role requires a person with extensive experience of electronic equipment assembly, test, diagnosis and repair. The person must be capable of working on complex prototype, pre-production and production electronic equipment and be capable of carrying our surface mount repair work to PCB's
- Survey, test and repair a variety of communication products in accordance with test procedures.
- Build, test and repair of complex low volume communication products, in accordance with existing assembly and test procedures.
- Maintain and develop product assembly and test capability by identifying potential process improvements and contributing to their implementation.
- To ensure cost, time and quality targets are achieved for allocated tasks.
- Build, survey, test, repair and maintain complex equipment.
- Control the security of these products whilst ensuring records and databases are kept up to date.
- Ensure PCB's are repaired to IPC standards.
- Carry out Manufacturability analysis and formal feedback to design engineering.
- Manage stock of components to support workload.
- Self-Motivated, results driven with experience in diagnostic fault finding down to component level on complex communication products with a desire to improve products and the processes used to build/test.
Potential candidates must have knowledge/experience of:
- Must be capable of building trustworthy relationships with internal customer, sub-contractor and peers.
- Have knowledge of the cost of quality and providing value and recommendations to improve the quality of outgoing products.
- Hands on experience of applicable assembly, test and diagnosis techniques for complex electronic assemblies.
- Knowledge of low volume highly complex communication products.
- Must be able to co-ordinate and lead the activities necessary to ensure that products are built, repaired and tested efficiently.
- Must be qualified to A-level/BTEC Level 3 in STEM subjects, or equivalent vocational qualifications or experience