Up to £48000
about 1 year ago
Mechanical Engineering Manager
Are you currently a Senior Mechanical Engineer or Engineering Manager who is looking for a new opportunity?
This is an opportunity to join a global giant in manufacturing who has recently invested over £20 million on production machinery.
This is what you’ll be doing.
As the Mechanical Engineering Manager you will operate within a lean manufacturing environment and will provide a hands-on supervisory service to the business.
Tasks will include:
- Plan, prioritise, schedule, and manage mechanical activities (to rectify break-downs and malfunctions and minimise business disruptions.
- Develop and implement mechanical repair and maintenance procedures; monitor the cost and effectiveness of activities to optimise resources, prioritise spending, and achieve timeliness, reliability, and safety standards
- Estimate the cost, time, and resources required for repair projects; prepare work orders and monitor the progress of work against estimates
- Develop local continuous mechanical engineering plans
- Ensures compliance of standards. Develop specific high risk activity SOP’s where required to complement the generic SOP’s and undertake risk assessments.
- Promote Total Quality Management and Continuous Improvement.
The Experience you’ll bring to the team.
- A strong Mechanical background with a minimum of 5 years in a supervisory role.
- Strong knowledge and experience of Reliability and Condition Monitoring
- Hold a Degree or HND in Mechanical Engineering
- 5 years manufacturing experience
And this is what you’ll get in return.
A competitive salary of up to £48000 with a bonus of up to 10% and a matched pension up to 5%, with the opportunity to progress this as you complete training and become more experienced.
You’ll be joining a growing stable business who will invest in you and your career with the opportunity to complete further educational studies.
Are you up to the challenge?
Are you what we are looking? Please get in touch today with our Engineering specialist, Andy Jones on 02921673741 or email your CV to Ajones@yolkrecruitment.com .
Please apply with a CV and a Cover letter outlining why you would be perfect for the role. We also have a referral scheme so if you know of someone who would be great for the role please get in touch.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying – then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.*