Up to £38500 per annum
14 days ago
11 October 2023
Yolk Recruitment is supporting a leading heavy engineering company in South Wales to hire two experienced Mechanical Fitters at their Blaenavon facility working on a 2 shift pattern paying an annual salary of £38,500.
As a Mechanical Fitter, you will be responsible for maintaining and repairing plant equipment to ensure maximum uptime, reliability, efficiency, and safety. If you have a broad range of experience in maintenance in heavy engineering environments and are ready for a new challenge, we want to hear from you!
- Completion of a formal engineering apprenticeship, preferably to NVQ Level 3 or equivalent
- Experience in maintaining both CNC and manual machine tools, large, complex hydraulic systems, and heavy pressing or stamping equipment
- Familiarity with operating CMMS packages
- Respond to operational priorities and support production activities
- Execute tasks in line with Planned Preventative Maintenance schedule
- Identify key spares requirements and complete all repair and maintenance documentation
As a Mechanical Fitter, you will be working in a pressurised environment with tight downtime constraints, complying with all statutory health, safety, and environmental guidelines and internal risk assessments. You will assist in the installation and commissioning of new plant and equipment, work alongside sub-contractors when required, and fully utilize the Pirana CMMS.
If you have a passion for maintenance and want to be part of a dynamic team, apply now!