£35000 - £40000
about 1 month ago
28 July 2020
Mechanical Product Design Engineer
£35000 - £40,000
A new opportunity has been created with a powerhouse of innovation and engineering excellence, a company known for consistently treading the first ground in its field, for constant innovation in the design and development of ground breaking products and for the continued growth of it's UK manufacturing presence against all odds.
An experienced Mechanical Product Design Engineer will join their growing Design team, and develop and design new and existing products from concept to manufacture. If thats you, you'll be able to see your designs through to mass production, developing your career with a business dominating its market space and known for its innovation and drive for continued excellence.
Products include complex ergonomics that require a high level of CAD capability and will require experience and knowledge of designing high quality plastic parts for injection moulding.
- Product/Mechanical design primarily using Solidworks (3D Solid & Surface modelling).
- 2D Technical drawings, including tolerancing.
- Ensuring designs are suitable for mass production.
- 3D Printing concepts for usability trials and functional testing.
- Testing and validation of prototype and pre-production parts.
- Project documentation – Drawings, Test reports, DFMEA, etc.
- Production & Part Approval support as required.
- HNC or Degree in Mechanical / Product Design
- 3D CAD experience, Solidworks
- Experience designing high quality plastic parts for injection moulding
- Surface modelling experience is advantageous
And this is what you’ll get in return
- Circa £40,000 per annum, dependant on skills and experience.
- 25 days’ holiday, plus bank holiday
- Free parking
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
If you believe that you have the skills and experience for the role – apply now. We also offer a referral scheme for any candidates whose details are passed to us that we successfully place.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying – then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.*