£27116 - £30497 per annum
02922 671 373
3 days ago
11 November 2021
Yolk Public Sector & Not-for-Profit is working with a well-known organisation to recruit for a Mechanical Services Supervisor based in Coventry. This will be a permanent full-time position being responsible for the supervision of the mechanical and plumbing services to ensure maintenance is provided across the organisation.
What the Mechanical Services Supervisor will be doing
The successful candidate will be responsible for the supervision of the mechanical and plumbing services to ensure statutory, planned and reactive maintenance is provided to the entire organisation.
The Mechanical Services section are responsible for the operations and maintenance of a wide variety of complex equipment throughout the organisation such as environmental systems, lifts, heating, ventilation equipment that form part of the services infrastructure.
What the Mechanical Services Supervisor will be responsible for
Management and organisation:
- Supervise and monitor the workload of the labour force ensuring that work is carried out effectively, to programme and to a standard acceptable to the organisation
- Supervise the direct employed labour in accordance with the organisations policies and guidance for staff management, discipline and grievance, time sheet completion, absence monitoring, performance management, appraisals, identification and implementation of training etc.
Management of Specialist Contractors:
- In accordance with all organisation policies and guidance assist line manager with the management of contractors ensuring that work is undertaken to the organisations accepted standards and demonstrates value for money
- Liaising with contractors and explain the problems so that the contractor can evaluate a repair solution and take over the work in a safe and timely manner
- Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations, issuing appropriate permits, reviewing of Contractor’s competence, risk assessments and method statements
- Reviewing Contractor’s works schedules to ensure the organisation’s statutory compliance obligations
- Supervise planned preventive maintenance systems, routine maintenance, including amending / technically completing of the computerised planned maintenance systems.
- Take initial corrective action to keep the service going and ensure business continuity and report findings and resolution to line manager or designation manager in accordance with escalation procedure
- Ensure immediate response to system failures and act as an Authorised Person in support to the Senior Authorised Person.
- Communicate updates and relevant information to stakeholders and other departments where maintenance activities impact on the building users operations
- Arrange building services shut downs with customers and building users
- Liaise with Estates and other departmental staff to advise and assist with maintenance and defect repairs
- Provide information and financial implication on proposed works or works being undertaken by the mechanical section.
- To undertake any other duties from time to time that may be required, commensurate with the grade of the post
What the Mechanical Services Supervisor will bring to the team
- Have completed a recognised mechanical apprenticeship/training programme qualified to at least City and Guilds, preferably to HNC/NVQ3, or equivalent.
- Proven work experience of having worked within the building services sector, undertaking electrical/mechanical installation/maintenance works
- Suitable/relevant IT skills in Building Management Systems
- Experience in managing contractors and staff
- The ability to assess problems and then ensure that resources and expertise are in place to resolve problems
- Good organisational skills with the ability to prioritise, maintain records, action plans and documentation up to date.
- Technically competent in building maintenance, mechanical and plumbing biased, good understanding of HVAC systems, thorough knowledge and understanding of diverse and complex building services systems
- The ability to assess problems, propose solutions and then mobilize resources, expertise and contractors to resolve complex problems
- An up-to-date knowledge of statutory compliance and the Health and Safety legislation
Up for the challenge?
If you think this vacancy sounds like you then please apply online or call Zoiya Saleem to discuss the role in confidence on 07458 163209
Yolk Public Sector & Not-for-Profit team works with organisations across the UK to fulfil their recruitment needs and to achieve their D&I objectives. We recruit temporary, contract and permanent hires for 1 off specialist needs or for volume campaigns. We support our applicants to navigate the public sector recruitment processes and secure their dream jobs.
Yolk Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in our workforce. We employ the best people for the job at hand and actively encourage applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, educational background, parental status, gender identity or any other protected characteristic. We champion and celebrate diversity at Yolk allowing our team to bring their whole selves to work.