Up to £46000.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
24 March 2024
Mechanical Team Leader
Monday - Friday, Days
This successful business is looking to add a Mechanical Team Leader to their growing Maintenance Team.
The Mechanical Team Leader will be responsible for leading a team of mechanical engineers in the design and development of mechanical systems. The Mechanical Team Leader will also be responsible for mentoring and developing team members to ensure that they are meeting their full potential.
As a Mechanical Team Leader, what you'll be doing:
- Provide mechanical support and, where required, leadership to the day mechanical team and shift fitters to address maintenance performance issues, identify improvements and drive daily results.
- Review SAP reports, check accuracy of confirmations, identify, and raise follow up work orders to address issues raised and support maintenance backlog management in line with department and mill targets.
- Ensure safety standards in the Mill are maintained and safe working procedures are implemented and adhered.
- Support the Site Mechanical Engineer to identify, carry out and implement mechanical maintenance risk assessments and safe systems of work.
- Work with the Mechanical Maintenance team to prioritise and prepare jobs to maximise benefit of production / engineering shuts and minimise overall machine downtime.
What we'll need from you:
- At least 5 years' experience in either a supervisory or technical role within manufacturing maintenance.
- Strong Drive, Motivation and Commitment: the extent to which the individual is self-starting and self-motivated and the degree and consistency of energy / enthusiasm which is committed in the pursuit of objectives and business goals.
- Able to communicate in clear concise manner, both in writing and orally, communicating honestly, clearly, and directly, making effective use of communication technology.
- Computer literate with practical experience of SAP CMMS systems.
- A team worker, with a flexible approach to work.
What you'll get in return:
- A salary of £46,000
- A Monday - Friday, Days shift pattern
- Generous holiday allowance
- Opportunities for career progression
- Training and development opportunities
- Company pension scheme
Yolk Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in our workforce. We employ the best people for the job at hand and actively encourage applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, educational background, parental status, gender identity or any other protected characteristic. We champion and celebrate diversity at Yolk allowing our team to bring their whole selves to work.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.