£38000.00 - £40000.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
Mechanical Technician - Mechanical
Monday-Friday, 3-Shift (6-2/10-6/2-10)
This is an incredible opportunity to join a highly successful manufacturing plant in Blackwood. This company has experienced sustained growth for the past 15 years and produces items for some of the best-known outlets in the UK. The role offers a structured development program to develop your knowledge and enhance your career as a Mechanical Technician.
The company is looking for someone who is committed to their own development, as they are investing in the best technology, and people. Along with innovation and sustainability, these are the pillars on which this company builds its excellence.
As a Mechanical Technician, what you'll be doing:
- Provide engineering and operational support to a manufacturing area
- Set machines to achieve product specification and performance
- Maintain automated inspection systems
- Perform fault finding and corrective action and machine inspections
- Respond to minor/major machine breakdowns
- Carry out preventative maintenance
What we'll need from you:
- A time-served Mechanical Technician with 3+ years' experience of working within a busy manufacturing environment
- Experience in fast-paced production machinery
- Knowledge of high-speed and/or food processing production
- Fault finding and problem-solving expertise
- Adaptable and able to connect with others
- Team-orientated and collaborative
- Able to operate and take decisions independently where necessary
What you'll get in return:
- Upon successfully joining the team as a Mechanical Technician you will receive a comprehensive base salary of £38,000 per annum
- Working a 3-shift plan with overtime available on weekends
- A structured training programme, allowing you to develop into an expert within manufacturing, which once completed grants you a salary increase to £40,500 within 12 months
- Excellent exposure and progression opportunities with management being promoted internally
- Working with state of the art manufacturing equipment
- At the end of the advert add the following
Yolk Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in our workforce. We employ the best people for the job at hand and actively encourage applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, educational background, parental status, gender identity or any other protected characteristic. We champion and celebrate diversity at Yolk allowing our team to bring their whole selves to work.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.