about 1 year ago
Are you an experienced Medical Writer? Have you graduated with a Degree, Masters or PhD in a Life Science? I am currently recruiting for a Medical Writer to deliver high-quality medical writing and communication materials to clients across different project areas. Collaborate with colleagues and liaise with external stakeholders (clients, authors, external experts, suppliers etc.) throughout the life cycle of the project, to ensure effective project execution, so that projects are completed to brief, on schedule and within budget.
This is a full time, permanent position with a great salary which is dependent on your level of experience.
This is what you’ll be doing
- As per our commitment to commercial success, produce and deliver high standard scientific content that fulfils clients’ needs and meets quality and compliance requirements.
- Take brief directly from client, agreeing content and timelines (with collaboration and input from others), advising on approach and contributing to developing proposals. Develop an awareness of project costs and budget monitoring.
- Produce, deliver and make required amendments to materials with relevant messaging, style and language, and using house style. Adapt writing style for different deliverables and audiences as appropriate.
- Generate briefings for design.
- Carry out and evaluate literature research.
- Agree with internal and external stakeholders, suitable deadlines, the approach to project delivery and then seek senior review.
- Liaise and collaborate effectively with other departments to agree core deliverables and agree schedules for work.
- Regularly liaise with, and build good working relationships with clients and external experts to ensure effective project execution.
- As per our commitment and responsibilities to each other, assist with training Associate Medical Writers, and provide direction to freelancers, if appropriate.
- Contribute to other colleagues’ projects as required.
- Contribute to new business activities (e.g. through desk research).
The experience you’ll bring to the team
- Life Sciences Degree
- Previous writing experience preferably within a medical communications agency.
- Good knowledge of the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE) recommendations.
- Good knowledge of the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry (ABPI) code of practice and Good Publications Practice (GPP) best practice guidelines.
- Awareness of copyright issues.
And this is what you’ll get in return
- Annual performance and profit related bonus, paid just before Christmas
- The company will pay a minimum contribution of 3% of salary for each UK employee in the pension scheme. They will also match employee pension contributions of between 3% and 6%.
- Private medical insurance
- Healthcare cash plan
- Income protection
- Death in Service benefit (4 x annual salary)
- 25 days holiday per year (3 to be taken at Christmas, when the office closes)
Are you up to the challenge?
Are you what we’re looking for? Please get in touch today with our Becca Selby on either 02921673748 or email@example.com
Please apply with a CV and a cover letter outlining why you’re perfect for the role. We also have a referral scheme so if you know of someone who would be great for the role please get in touch.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.