about 1 year ago
Metrology Team Leader
Do you have a minimum of 5 years’ experience programming CNC CMM’s? Do you have experience programming Mitutoyo MSCOSMOS? Do you have knowledge of mechanical engineering?
This is what you’ll be doing
- Plan the workload of the inspection team.
- Drive offline programming requirements to improve inspection efficiency.
- Create inspection plans.
- Take ownership of the Engineering Change Notification process.
- Conduct internal audits.
- Utilise 8D to solve customer complaints and internal non-conformance.
- Ensure calibration of equipment is completed in a timely manner.
- Program our range of CNC Mitutoyo CMM’s, working to tight tolerances.
- Program our Axel based Vision Systems.
- Use manual measuring equipment such as Micrometres, Height Gauges, Protractors, Shadow Graphs, etc for completion of 1st Off, In Process and Last Off checks.
- Be familiar with mechanical measurement techniques.
- Support our Production Engineers in the development of high accuracy processes.
- Have excellent communication skills and be able to relate findings back to Engineers in a clear and concise manner.
- Be able to read Engineering Drawings and have a working knowledge of Geometrical Dimensioning & Tolerancing.
- Create first Article Inspection Reports.
The experience you’ll bring to the team
- Minimum 5 years’ experience programming CNC CMM’s.
- Experience programming Mitutoyo MSCOSMOS is highly desirable.
- The successful candidate will have experience of both offline and online CMM programming.
And this is what you’ll get in return
Mon – Fri, day shift, 39 hours, with a salary of approximately £38,000.
Are you up to the challenge?
Please contact Jessica Harmer, an Engineering Specialist, in banh today on 02921673753 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply with a CV and a cover letter outlining why you’re perfect for the role. We also have a referral scheme so if you know of someone who would be great for the role please get in touch.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.