£48000 - £50000.00 per annum
30 days ago
Yolk Recruitment is proud to be working with a leading manufacturer of aggregates who are seeking to hire an experienced Maintenance Fitter for their plant in Avonmouth. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Maintenance Fitter to join a dynamic and growing team within a reputable company.
- Undertake daily, weekly, and monthly planned maintenance activities on heavy plant equipment, following manufacturer instructions and company procedures.
- Ensure continuous operation of the production plant by carrying out fault-finding, breakdown repairs, and completing improvements where necessary.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area, and replenish consumables as required.
- Work collaboratively with the Shift Supervisors, Production Staff, and Contractors to ensure smooth operation of the plant.
- Develop a detailed understanding of the facility to continuously improve maintenance systems and ensure they comply with Health, Safety, Environment, and Quality regulations.
- Be flexible and able to cover staff shortages and callouts to deal with breakdowns.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- At least 5 years' experience in a heavy industry maintenance environment (aggregates, concrete, mining, or waste).
- CGLI, NVQ, BTEC or HND qualified.
- Experience with fault-finding and repairing mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic issues.
- Knowledge and experience with conveyor belt systems, pan mixers, hydraulics, and pneumatics.
- Basic welding and fabrication skills.
- Ability to fault-find and repair low voltage electrical equipment.
- Strong team player with the ability to train and motivate others in the understanding of plant and machinery maintenance.
- Flexible approach to work and contactable out of hours.
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience working in an aggregates, concrete, mining, or waste environment.
- Fabrication and welding experience.
- Basic industrial electrical knowledge.
- IOSH or recognised safety training certificates.
- Appropriate mobile plant operating certificates, ideally with the ability to train others.
- Confident and diplomatic communicator, both written and verbal.
Are you up to the challenge?
Are you what we are looking for? Please get in touch today with engineering specialist recruiter, Joshua Hallett on either or 02922 260 611.
Please apply with a CV and feel free to include a cover letter outlining why you are perfect for the role. We also have a referral scheme so if you know of someone who would be great for the role please get in touch.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.