10 days ago
01 May 2021
National Health & Safety Manager
£50,000 - £65,000.00 per annum plus company car or car allowance, private medical, life assurance, pension, income protection and critical illness cover
This business deals in world leading brands and has grown from strength to strength over the last 30 years offering a wide variety of equipment on a national basis. This equipment is supplied to a variety of sectors including the Quarrying, Steelworks and Construction Industries.
Due to recent expansion and growth of this business a new opportunity has become available for a National Health & Safety Manager where you will play a key role in driving change. Within this role you will be covering a wide region and will be required to travel across South Wales and England visiting various customers on site.
In return you will be offered security, flexibility, autonomy and a varied and rewarding role. You will have complete freedom to lead from the front driving the overall Health & Safety culture of the business. You’ll need to demonstrate a strong background in heavy Engineering, Mining or Quarry Industries in order to be considered for the post.
As National Health & Safety Manager you’ll be….
· Reviewing current Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures and ensuring they are best practice and being implemented across the business.
· Engaging with employees across the business ensuring all HSE responsibilities are clear whilst also answering any technical HSE related enquiries.
· Keeping up to date with latest key legislation and ensuring the organisation remains compliant.
· Engage with national forums and governing bodies for industry impact and development.
· Carrying out site inductions, audits and inspections.
· Taking the lead on any incident investigations, identify route causes and report back into senior managers, directors and other key stakeholders
· Supporting the development of measurement systems to ensure that HSE performance is accurately measured, analyse and improved upon.
· Monitoring, assessing and improving where necessary all HSE documentation, including dynamic point of work risk assessments.
· Maintaining and updating HSE management systems and audit against ISO standards
· Sharing and collaborating with key stakeholders in the business to achieve best practice and implement any new innovative HSE ideas.
What you’ll bring to the business…
· Previous experience as a Health and Safety Manager
· Experience within the mineral extractives industries or similar
· NEBOSH certified
· Member of IOSH preferred
· Strong technical knowledge across relevant health, safety and environmental legislation, compliance and regulations
· Ability to influence and engage with key internal and external stakeholders
· Proficient in all Microsoft office packages including excel and analytics
If you feel you have the skills, experience and passion to be successful in this role apply now.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.