£30,000 - £40,000 + commission
9 months ago
National Sales Manager
Do you have experience in selling into retail companies or selling within an FMCG based role? Do you have a passion for products that actually make a difference to peoples lives and the environment? If so this could be the perfect role for you!
This is what you'll be doing
Our client, a leading innovator in the femcare industry are looking for a national sales manager to join the team in Cardiff. Primarily, you will be responsible for delivering profitable growth and excellent in store execution in a range of retailers such as; Boots, Tesco and Ocado. Working alongside an external consultant who has helped to develop the retail proposition, you will assume a great deal of responsibility as the first direct employee with a sales focus. You will actively seek new customer opportunities to extend both brands according to our company strategy. Alongside this, you will have primary responsibility for developing our nascent B2B strategy. This has the potential to become a major revenue stream and represents a significant opportunity to add value.
Your ability to build strong relationships and develop profitable commercial plans will be crucial to success. You will effectively utilise and analyse all key internal and external data available to optimise business results In addition, you will also need to build excellent internal relationships within the team including brand management, supply chain and finance.
- Actively seek customers to sell the branded products to from an agreed target list
- Management of sales and the building of strong relationships with those customers
- Negotiate joint business plans and promotional programmes
- Ensure successful outcomes for the brand at key Range Reviews
- Attend customer meeting, exhibitions and team meetings as necessary
- Outline further opportunities for product siting and innovation
- Manage CRM database
- Report on distribution points and listings achieved
- Manage & develop sales assistant knowledge and experience
- Proven work experience as a sales executive, preferably in FMCG
- experience in relationship building within a B2B based role
- Strong Commercial and Financial acumen to drive all P&L levers
- Familiarity with business and financial principles and practices
- Working knowledge of budgets, forecasting and metrics
- Basic IT skills (databases, MS Office etc)
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organisation
- Leadership and organisational skills
- Computer literate and comfortable with learning new software packages
- Full Driving License
- Basic salary £30,000 -£40,000 + performance related commission
- Company Pension
- working business to business hours, no late night or weekend working
Please get in touch today with sales specialist recruiter, Matthew Ryan on 02921 673727 or email@example.com
Please apply with a CV and a cover letter outlining why you’re perfect for the role. We also have a referral scheme so if you know of someone who would be great for the role please get in touch.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities