£35000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + + excellent benefits
about 1 year ago
Cardiff (hybrid working options available - 2 - 3 days per week required on site)
£35,000 - £50,000 per annum + benefits
Are you a highly motivated and passionate individual who is looking to build your career in the field of Product Management? Do you have experience in building and managing supplier relationships, preferably in an FMCG business?
If so then we'd like to hear from you!
Yolk Recruitment are proud to be exclusively partnered with a fast growing, innovative business based in the Cardiff area. Our client sells across the UK, USA, EU and the Middle East, working with an international supplier base (so any experience in managing international supplier relationships would be a huge advantage!)
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Working with the marketing team to identify areas of opportunity to develop new products and ranges.
- Maintaining awareness of market trends and competitor products.
- Working closely with the purchasing department and independently to obtain suppliers and acquire quotes for NPD.
- Working closely with International suppliers on a daily basis from ideation of a product, specifications, trials and sampling to sign off.
- Working with external technical specialists including briefing, obtaining required technical information, managing relevant translation requirements, sharing technical specifications with product designer for final packaging and then ensuring final packaging checks are made to ensure compliance for all targeted sales territories.
- Project managing product development according to the critical path and time lines to ensure all elements of the process are executed on time by all relevant stakeholders.
- Building effective relationships with all key stakeholders (both internal and external) to ensure engagement leading to project delivery and maximising the NPD opportunity,
- Communicating project timelines and status to the wider team.
- Revisiting existing products on a regular basis to research potential ways to improve/cost down.
- Occasionally travelling overseas to visit suppliers and attend trade shows.
The skills and experience you'll bring to the team:
- You'll have proven experience in a product development role, ideally in consumer products.
- You'll be skillful in project management fundamentals, process adherence and control of project information.
- You'll be confident when building relationships and holding project team (internal and external) to account across a broad geographical reach and making well-reasoned decisions / proposals with strong influence.
- You'll demonstrate high energy, drive, and determination to overcome issues, meet demanding project timescales and get things done.
- You'll be experienced in leading delivery of NPD projects to market via an FMCG supply chain.
- You'll be analytical and detailed in project scoping, problem solving, tracking, and reporting.
- You'll be an excellent communicator - clear, considered, succinct and flexible in style.
- You'll be highly organised and rigorous, able to effectively manage multiple projects in parallel at pace for delivery across multiple marketplaces globally.
- Experience/knowledge of the Amazon platform would be an advantage, however, is not essential.
The excellent benefits you'll receive in return:
- Flexible hours and hybrid working (2-3 days per week in Cardiff office)
- A starting salary of £35,000 - £50,000 depending on experience
- 25 days holiday per year, + bank holidays
- 5 % company matched pension
Would you like to know more? I'd really like to hear from you. To apply for this role, please apply with a CV to Kim Partridge. We also offer a referral scheme so if you know of someone who you think could be a good fit for this position, please get in touch.