£26500 - £28000 per annum
15 days ago
19 February 2022
Yolk Engineering & Technical is pleased to be exclusively managing an opportunity for a Food Technologist to join a well-established food manufacturer based in South Wales. This is a fantastic opportunity for a recent graduate in Food Science to start their career or for an established technologist to continue their growth in the technical sector.
This family run company has a well-known brand across South Wales and the Southwest as their product is part of most individuals’ daily routine! They are committed to family value and ethics and continuously investing in standards and equipment and have recently invested £3million into their factory. Working with all the major retailers and smaller convenience stores this is a company that is going to continue to grow in the future to come.
This role will enable you to bring your own ideas and concepts to the business and to be able to see your products in stores across Wales. You will be working within a tight knit team consisting of 2 Quality Managers and 2 Quality Technicians. The role will consit of a mixture of NPD and technical administration.
If progression, stability and a friendly work environment is what you are looking for a in a position then look no further!
This is what you’ll be doing
- Manage the technical expectations and requirements of the customer
- Take responsibility for new product development briefs submitted to the business, managing the process through to launch and ensuring samples are made and presented to the customer.
- Facilitate process, product and ingredient trials as appropriate and ensure proper reporting and documentation.
- To attend customer product quality assessment sessions.
- Liaise with Production Management to continuously review production process with a view to improving methods and standards of operation.
- Encourage effective corrective action through product and data review processes.
- To attend and participate in customer KPI meetings.
- Completion of customer product specifications and QA’s for individual products including:
- Nutritional Declarations
- Ingredient Declarations
- Allergen Statements
- To organise routine product quality monitoring in line with the quality assurance process.
- To support the Technical Manager in facilitating the advancement of product quality assurance processes.
- Assist in the management and control of product recipes and specifications.
- To be a member of the company’s HACCP team.
- Maintain individual ingredient reviews e.g. palm and soya on a quarterly basis.
The experience you’ll bring to the team
- Experience in a food manufacturing background
- MSc in Food Science is preferred
- Understanding of in house systems and procedures
And this is what you’ll get in return
- Salary of £28,000
- 29 days holiday + Bank Holidays
If you feel you have the skills, experience and passion to be successful in this role apply now.
Please apply with a CV and a cover letter outlining why you’re perfect for the role. We also have a referral scheme so if you know of someone who would be great for the role please get in touch.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.