£35878 + generous benefits
19 days ago
04 October 2019
NPI Technical Manager
An exciting new opportunity has been created at one of the UK’s most established manufacturing organisations, based on the M4 Corridor, that produces essential products for a truly global client base. The post comes with an extremely competitive range of benefits including up to a 20% pension, annual pay reviews, a generous holiday allowance and a profit share scheme.
This is what you’ll be doing
In this varied role you will be responsible for co-ordinating, developing and improving the technical development of the core range of products and support each business value stream helping them achieve their strategic objectives. You will ensure the NPI engineering Team develop products for UK and International markets within budget and on time.
This is a critical function for the effective manufacture of all products to deliver capability to production. This role requires a hands on approach to work with the team and key stakeholders to input relevant data when required. There is also opportunity to provide problem solving and technical support to the business units where appropriate in line with the above aspects.
- You will actively lead and promote the principles of continuous improvement and team working both within the department and the wider business.
- You will ensure that development trials of all core products are delivered on time and in full for each of the Business streams
- You will make sure that the area and the functions performed within the area are operated in a safe manner in compliance with current legislative requirements.
- You will manage the development and training of new and existing staff in line with the departmental training plan. This will also include achieving your personal target as set on your PDP.
- You will support the NPI manager with technical matters, working with stakeholders including; Marketing, Programme Management, Account Managers, and Directors of Sales and Operations.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- You will hold a HNC or equivalent in an engineering, mathematics or science based discipline.
- You will have previous experience of working within New Product Introduction.
- You will be able to provide evidence of project management across multi disciplines/teams.
- You will have excellent knowledge of production and process capabilities.
- You will have strong leadership, communication and influencing skills.
- You will have demonstrable knowledge of continuous improvement techniques including but not limited to A3 problem solving.
And this is what you’ll get in return
- A generous salary of £35,878 with a generous 20% employee & employer contribution
- 25 days + bank holidays
- Professional development - fully funded training courses
- Career prospects
- Profit related pay scheme
- Free parking
Are you up to the challenge?
If you feel you have the skills, experience and passion to be successful in this role apply now. You can apply here or contact our Head of Engineering Phil Pitman directly at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 02921 673717.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.