£40,000 - £55,000
5 months ago
Competitive Salary + benefits package
An award winning high precision manufacturing business has created a new opportunity as a result of sustained growth, investment, sector diversification and long term contract wins. This position would well suit an experienced Offline Programmer looking for a highly rewarding role and the opportunity to continue to develop their career.
You’ll lead from the front with your own programming workload, while leading a small team of offline programmers - coordinating workload and providing technical support, as well as liaising with the shop floor. You’ll have full control, able to do things your way, but with the support and an always open door to senior leaders in the business. There’s a strong opportunity for the right candidate to direct their own future with the business as they continue to grow, with potential to lead to Senior Management / Director level opportunities.
The ideal candidate will have a proven background programming and machining (milling) complex parts for both high volume runs and one-offs, working with aluminium products and CATIA V5 or EdgeCAM.You’ll need well developed soft skills to lead and support your team, to listen to different perspectives and overcome challenges in a fast paced, professional but friendly environment.
This is what you’ll be doing
- Off-line programming of CNC Milling Machines, working with customers drawings and solid models.
- Managing and supporting a team of Programmers, providing advice regarding the best methodology and workflow priority.
- Support programmers with any calculations to aid programming on machine controls.
- Recommend and ‘prove out’ alternative tooling by working with tooling suppliers.
- Work with the planner/estimators by advising machining methods and manufacture times and quote stage.
- Liaise with all levels of staff (management to shop floor) on all aspects of manufacture and continuous improvement opportunities.
- Support the Site manager in developing a “continuous improvement” culture.
- Support, train and influence apprentices
- Assist in the justification calculations and make recommendations for capital expenditure.
- Other adhoc duties as agreed from time to time by the Site manager and Production manager.
The experience you’ll bring to the team
- Proven knowledge of off-line programming and solid modelling.
- The ability to work with machine operators when setting and proving out new and repeat jobs
- Experience with CATIA V5 and/or EdgeCAM
- You’ll be experienced with CNC Milling, while any Turning experience is advantageous.
And this is what you’ll get in return
- Market leading salary
- Healthcare benefits
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- 5% pension
- Ongoing training opportunities
- Career advancement opportunities
Are you up to the challenge?
If you feel you have the skills, experience and passion to be successful in this role apply now.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.