£34369.00 - £54483.00 per annum + 27.9% pension contribution
2 months ago
Liquid error: internal
Oracle DBA - up to £54,000 - Must be within 1.5 hours of Taunton
Yolk Recruitment Public Sector & Not-for-Profit team has partnered with a highly specialist civil service organisation. We are supporting them to recruit a Oracle DBA to join their organisation where you will have the chance to conceptualise, plan, set up and provide hands-on support of all Databases within the organisation.
You will be part of a team providing 24*7 cover through an on-call rota and may be required to provide on-call cover outside normal working hours in accordance with the rota.
This role requires SC Clearance and does not offer sponsorship, so only candidates who have lived in the UK for 12 consecutive months over the past 5 years will be eligible.
What the Oracle DBA will be doing
As a Oracle DBA within the Enterprise Applications team, you will work with the Enterprise Applications Team Manager and other team colleagues to manage the delivery of technical services to our internal customers and in deliver our commercial products by supporting the organisations Enterprise Applications and services in a third line role.
* Leading other support teams and external third parties troubleshooting, and resolution of problems related to performance issues for Database systems and interoperability with existing network and systems.
* Use Oracle knowledge and skills in Oracle database technologies including Dataguard, RMAN and OEM Grid to manage and improve the database estate.
* You will coordinate and work with other technical teams and third parties to ensure that system and data security guidelines are adhered to in the design, set up and operations of Database Platforms. Ensure that appropriate controls are in place to manage processes and maintain compliance with internal and external audit rules.
What the successful Oracle DBA will bring to the team
This role is suitable for anyone with Oracle Database experience
* Experience in Oracle database technologies in a 3rd line support and technical design capacity.
* Expertise with analysing Oracle database platforms to identify performance or reliability improvements or to debug complex operational incidents.
* Able to technically lead and guide team members both technically and strategically.
* Ability to understand and analyse complex business requirements.
Here's What You'll Get in Return
* Salary of up to £54,000
* Pension scheme of 27.9%
* Annual leave of up to 34.5 days including bank holidays
* 5 days a year for learning and development
* Learning development opportunities
* Hybrid working
Think this one's for you
If you think this Oracle DBA opportunity is for you then apply online.
Yolk Public Sector & Not-for-Profit team works with organisations across the UK to fulfil their recruitment needs and to achieve their D&I objectives. We recruit temporary, contract and permanent hires for 1 off specialist needs or for volume campaigns. We support our applicants to navigate the public sector recruitment processes and secure their dream jobs.
Yolk Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in our workforce. We employ the best people for the job at hand and actively encourage applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, educational background, parental status, gender identity or any other protected characteristic. We champion and celebrate diversity at Yolk allowing our team to bring their whole selves to work.