£8.72 per hour + OT
10 days ago
23 April 2020
Packing & Shipping Operator
£8.72 per hour + OT
International and stable business operating in a key industry has an urgent requirement for a Packing & Shipping Operator for a long term temporary post.
Counter balance FLT license is essential.
Your role will be to ensure the correct packing and shipping methods are used as required by each customer. To pack and ship quality products in a safe and controlled manner, meeting all packing specifications whilst in compliance with both internal and external specifications. You'll ensure that equipment is maintained, and area is kept organised, clean and all items are clearly identified at all times. You'll record all activities by way of relevant documentation and timely processing of same through regular liaison with shipping office area.
- Operation of small hand held tools in order to adequately pack and ship components.
- Ensure that all items to be packed are free from any visual damage and also cleaned prior to final packing applied
- Use of various sizes of packing boxes and materials to ensure our components are protected from damage during transportation to customers.
- Control of all required documentation involved with each Sales Order/Purchase Order ensuring that paperwork items are processed in a timely and controlled manner with internal requirements
- Ability to undertake hands on training for cutting materials on bandsaw.
- Keeping area clean and tidy at all times
- Use company vehicle to deliver and pick up required items where necessary
- Carry out all loading and unloading activities by way of the safe use of company forktruck
- Liaise with delivery drivers to ensure packed items are collected and or unloaded in line with shipping requests
- Assist in the booking in of delivered items by way of data entry to Javelin system
- Demonstrate engagement with other Team Members to include continuous improvement activities
- Ensure that all vehicle usage documentation is completed prior to use
- Carry out daily safety checks on lifting equipment in line with company procedures
- Carry out weekly safety check on company van in line with company procedures
- Assist maintenance when forktruck support is required
Are you up to the challenge?
If you feel you have the skills, experience and passion to be successful in this role apply now.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.