£30158 per annum
27 days ago
09 December 2021
Yolk are helping a large organisation to look for a Paralegal to provide a high level focussed and efficient support to the Automatic Enrolment legal team.
With flexible working arrangements, hybrid working, leading pension options and an ideal office location, this role offers plenty of development opportunities as well as a great work life balance.
What the Case Officer will be doing:
- Manage your own litigation cases
- Provide support to TR lawyers as requested
- Conduct legal research, on request
- Create and maintain an index of documents for disclosure and undertake disclosure exercises as required
- Liaise with legal counsel and other external parties as required.
- Peer support and provide induction to support staff Co-ordination of legal costs and invoicing
- Formatting and production of legal documents
- Arranging service of legal case documents on external parties
- Providing support to the Professional Support Lawyer
- General minute/note taking and meeting facilitation
What the Case Officer will bring to the team:
- Knowledge of Court / Regulatory procedures
- Client-focused approach
- Knowledge of Data Protection Act / Freedom of Information general principles
- Very strong IT skills, including experience of standard IT software applications
- Relevant legal qualification essential (e.g. law degree, CPE, LPC, ILEX).
- Previous paralegal experience, in particular in a commercial civil litigation setting.
- Working knowledge of Civil Procedure Rules desirable, but not essential.
Project management experience and previous experience of document review, desirable but not essential.
The Case Officer will also be:
- Proactive and flexible
- Have a can-do approach
- Ability to prioritise and use initiative
- Communication skills at all levels
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Used Microsoft and adobe experience
What you will get in return:
- Salary - £30,158
- Flexible working arrangements
- Development opportunities
- Excellent office location in Brighton
- Hybrid working
- Highly competitive pension
Yolk Public Sector & Not-for-Profit team works with organisations across the UK to fulfil their recruitment needs and to achieve their D&I objectives. We recruit temporary, contract and permanent hires for 1 off specialist needs or for volume campaigns. We support our applicants to navigate the public sector recruitment processes and secure their dream jobs.
Yolk Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in our workforce. We employ the best people for the job at hand and actively encourage applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, educational background, parental status, gender identity or any other protected characteristic. We champion and celebrate diversity at Yolk allowing our team to bring their whole selves to work