Up to £33 per hour
2 months ago
Performance and Improvement Engineer - £33 per hour Inside IR35 - 12 Months (extensions highly likely) Herefordshire - standard 35 hours across 4.5 days (working between 7-7) - Hybrid (60% onsite) - Two-stage interview - Sector: Aerospace and Defence
Yolk Recruitment is recruiting a Performance and Improvement Engineer to join our client on a 12 month contract. Our client is a renowned Aerospace company at the forefront of space exploration and travel.
You will be responsible for improving the Operational maturity of aerospace Production through the implementation of Operation Excellence System, Lean methodology and culture change.
- Defining and delivering a credible 12 month improvement plan for the site, including digitalisation roadmap.
- Reviewing and reducing the production Cost and Bid Price through improvement opportunities
- Implement and mature the Operational Excellence System (OES)
- Improvement Projects on Quality, on Time and on Cost. Report on the status of all Improvement project in the production area.
- Drive specific problem solving/improvement activities.
- Lead and support the streamlining of processes.
- Management of Capex
- Experience in Practical Problem Solving (PPS), running Kaizen workshops, implementing visual management in production and office environment.
- Experience in leading improvement projects
- A background in an engineering/production environment, preferably within the space sector
- Ability to lead a project team
- Project or functional team leadership experience
- Lean Implementation experience
- Aerospace or aviation experience