£45000 - £60000 per annum
02921 67 37 46
20 days ago
16 December 2021
We are currently working with a cracking company within the Tech4Good sector who are looking for a PHP Developer to work on some exciting upcoming projects. Working closely with the senior developer and technical architect, the perfect candidate will provide significant development to all digital products under the company's banner.
The role is great step for any PHP Developer looking to make a big contribution into the Bristol tech-scene, and gives the opportunity to work on an application that is already live and thriving. The company have huge, international intentions into next year, so now is the right time to hop aboard!
- The role requires a combination of knowledge, experience and techniques including: commercial experience of working within a LAMP stack, and of using PHP frameworks to maintain and develop services within the platform. Knowledge of microservices, AWS, and DevOps would also be advantageous.
- The role provides a chance to play a key role in a new and disruptive sector, creating well-written software driving high-quality user interfaces, with a particular focus on the development of a new platform and product. You would be joining the company undergoing rapid growth with plenty of opportunities to take on new responsibilities as the company grows.As we are already the market leader in the UK, now is a great time to join us. We always welcome fresh ideas and we are positive about continuous improvements as our operation matures and the team grows. Professional development is encouraged, and training will be provided where required.
- 5+ years’ commercial experience with PHP, MySQL (or other relational databases)
- Commercial experience of PHP Frameworks (Laravel, Zend, Symphony, etc)
- Commercial experience of working with REST APIs
- Understanding of OOP and software design patterns
- Experience of unit testing / PHPUnit
- Use Git version control system, and of working in agile environment
- Knowledge/experience of Python, Java and/or Lambda functions
- Knowledge/experience of AWS and/or Google Cloud Services
- Experience of DevOps (Kubernetes, AWS, Jenkins, Nagios, etc)
- Knowledge/experience of e-commerce or payment gateway implementation
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-growing scale-up
- Willingness to work independently and as part of a team
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to accuracy, a logical approach and attention to detail
- A keen interest in writing clean, maintainable code
- Interest in keeping up to date with current and emerging web technologies