£500 - £600 per day
4 days ago
23 December 2022
PLATFORM ENGINEER - DV CLEARED - INSIDE IR35 - £500 - £600 PER DAY - Cheltenham - 6/12 Months
Yolk Recruitment are recruiting for a DV Cleared Platform Engineer to join our client in Cheltenham on a contract basis for a minimum of 6 months. Our client is a Global Consultancy that are looking to continue growing the UK defence IT team.
- Actively working with the Consultancy on their journey into digital transformation. Including IaaS, PaaS, SaaS solution implementations, transforming their business by delivering solutions and methodologies following best practice.
- Implementation and maintenance of platforms and services based on the business requirements, constraints and strategies. You will be expected to contribute to documentation and standards for delivery of business functionality, infrastructure and system components.
- Applying technical innovation with contribution towards internal projects and client bids in order to win new business. Contribute towards the business units strategy directly through your own personal growth, alongside coaching and mentoring of our junior talent.
- Experience debugging a complex, multi-server service in a high availability production environment.
- Experience of commodity cloud providers such as AWS, Azure or Google Cloud (Production environments).
- Continuous Integration systems such Jenkins, Concourse, Drone & Bamboo, GitHub Actions.
- Configuration Management tooling (Ansible/Puppet/Chef/Salt) Good understanding of the HashiCorp Suite (Packer, Terraform, Vault, Vagrant, Consul)
- Containerisation - Docker, Kubernetes, Swarm, OpenShift. Testing, setup and configuration of monitoring/alerting tooling (OpsView, Nagios, ELK, Graphite, Grafana, Zabbix) Scripting and or Programming skills using languages such as Ruby, Python, Go and Java. Familiarity with the core system and/or database administration skills.
- Experience working in multidisciplinary agile teams with software engineering goals. Backend Infrastructure knowledge including switching, routing, VPN's, Load balancing (Software/hardware), CDN. Security knowledge including PKI, Firewalls (Software/hardware), IPS/IDS, Antivirus, SIEM, IDaM, DDOS, SSL, HTTPS