£50000.00 - £90000.00 per annum
13 days ago
13 October 2023
Platform Engineer | Open on skillset & Experience level | DV Clearance Required | Up to £90,000 + 15% Bonus | 2 Stage Interview Process | Manchester (2 days per week on site)
Yolk Recruitment are working with a global consultancy looking to grow their Platform Engineering team.
As Platform Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work on exciting projects and contribute to the development of secure platforms that support client's operations. You will be responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of secure platforms and infrastructure solutions.
They have multiple roles available & are open on experience. to be successful you will need experience in at least 1 major cloud provider (AWS, GCP or Azure), automation / scripting experience (Ansible, Python, Bash, PowerShell) & exposure to DevOps tools / methodologies (Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Azure DevOps etc).
The are based in Manchester & offer hybrid working with at least 2 days per week on site.
- Design, develop, and maintain secure platforms and infrastructure solutions that align with client requirements.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define technical requirements, ensuring the delivery of reliable and scalable systems.
- Perform installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of software and hardware components.
- Implement security measures and best practices to safeguard platforms from potential threats and vulnerabilities.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to identify and resolve platform-related issues and provide technical support.
- Active DV clearance (essential).
- Strong knowledge of platform technologies, including visualisation, containerisation, cloud infrastructure, and networking.
- Experience with at least 1 cloud provider (AWS, Azure or GCP).
- Proficiency in scripting languages (e.g., Python, Bash, Terraform) for automation and infrastructure-as-code (IaC) practices.
- Experience with configuration management tools (e.g., Ansible, Puppet, Chef).
- Experience in Docker or Kubernetes would be highly beneficial.
- Salary up to £90,000
- Bonus of 15%
- Enhanced pension scheme
- Hybrid & flexible working
Got your attention?
If you believe that you have the skills and experience for the role - then please get in touch. We also offer a referral scheme for any candidates whose details are passed to us that we successfully place. If you have any further questions then please contact Ryan Harris at Yolk Recruitment.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.*
'Yolk Recruitment Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Yolk Recruitment Limited is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.