£22147 - £25941 per annum
2 days ago
12 November 2021
Are you a recognised and qualified plumbing and heating technician looking for an exciting new role? Yolk is working with a UK university to find an aspiring plumbing/heating technician to join the team.
It will be your responsibility to assist with the provision of an efficient business critical response service and routine maintenance for all plumbing and mechanical building services installed throughout various buildings on site.
You will be ensuring all statutory, planned and breakdown works are completed safely, cost effectively and to the agreed KPI’s and Service Level Agreement.
What the Plumbing/Heating Technician will be doing:
- Identifying and understanding the problem and resolving to fix it
- Record solutions and feedback problems to work instructions
- Maintain tolls and equipment for themselves and their team
- Respond to job requests via job notification, phone, email, radio and emergency requests
- Investigate unidentified problems
- Attend emergencies if required
- Understand general health and safety regulations in the workplace
- Good interpersonal skills and team skills
- Organisational skills
- Good understanding of water regulations
- Good management skills
- Full UK driving license to transport equipment and materials
- Good IT skills
- Experience of building services in a similar environment
- NVQ level 3 or equivalent in plumbing/HVAC
- A recognised apprentice background or equivalent in training or work experience
What you will get in return:
- 22,417 and reaching up to £25,941
- 26 days annual leave, plus 4 customary days over Christmas
- Incremental pay progression opportunities
- Learning Vouchers (to put towards anything from sports activities to learning foreign languages)
- Discounted Gym memberships
- Opportunity to be based on one site, rather than national travel
- To work as part of a wider maintenance team on a diverse estate
Yolk Public Sector & Not-for-Profit team works with organisations across the UK to fulfil their recruitment needs and to achieve their D&I objectives. We recruit temporary, contract and permanent hires for 1 off specialist needs or for volume campaigns. We support our applicants to navigate the public sector recruitment processes and secure their dream jobs.
Yolk Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in our workforce. We employ the best people for the job at hand and actively encourage applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, educational background, parental status, gender identity or any other protected characteristic. We champion and celebrate diversity at Yolk allowing our team to bring their whole selves to work