£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + excellent benefits
about 1 month ago
Press and Media Officer
Cardiff (flexible, hybrid)
£40,000 - £45,000 per annum
Yolk Recruitment are excited to work on behalf of a scaling green energy company to recruit for a Press and Media Officer.
Our client, a prominent player in the renewable energy sector, has a bold vision to create a wealthier and healthier Wales. With a strong commitment to leveraging renewable resources, our client is dedicated to transforming the Welsh energy landscape through innovative technology and substantial investments in rural communities.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a high-growth organisation and play a crucial role in advancing project consenting and delivery. With a strong focus on sustainability and a commitment to creating a positive social impact, our client fosters a culture that values courage, passion, community and integrity.
The Press and Media Officer role presents an exciting opportunity to support the day-to-day delivery of media and social media activities for our client's corporate and project portfolio activities. This role involves executing multi-channel media campaigns to showcase the benefits that our client and Green GEN Cymru can bring to Welsh communities and the Welsh economy, with a focus on delivering clean, green energy.
We are seeking an experienced communication professional who is adept at utilising various communications channels across corporate and operational disciplines. Working closely with the External Affairs Manager and Brand and Digital Manager, the successful candidate will play a key role in coordinating and delivering positive media and social media coverage.
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Planning, preparing and delivering media coverage in local, regional and national press that highlight the benefits that the brand can bring to Welsh communities and the Welsh economy, while delivering clean, green energy.
- Planning, preparing and delivering social media content to support corporate and project activities.
- Working closely with the Brand and Digital Manager to prepare content.
- Working closely with the project teams to understand key activity and timescales and take action to help them deliver on their objectives from a communications and engagement perspective.
- Planning and preparing effective communications content across multiple communications channels - including social media - to meet corporate and project need.
- Monitoring media and social media coverage, identifying opportunities and taking action where necessary.
- Working closely with the Community Benefits team to highlight their work and demonstrate the real community benefits that can be delivered by projects.
- Being part of the press office duty rota, and where appropriate, a media spokesperson on behalf of the company.
- Supporting the applications and processes for securing key external awards.
The skills and experience you'll bring to the role:
- You'll have experience in working in a busy communications team or press office, with experience in media relations and social media planning and delivery.
- A background working for a communications agency or an in-house communications team, preferably for an infrastructure company.
- You'll have experience of planning and delivering positive media coverage that highlights business benefits and contributes to the delivery of business objectives.
- Proven track record of involvement in planning and delivery of multi-channel communications campaigns, including social media.
- Proven track record of supporting communications on potentially controversial projects, sometimes dealing with enquiries of a hostile nature, helping to protect and maintain a company brand.
- You'll be experienced in working as part of a broader team, coordinating input in media content from a broad range of internal stakeholders.
- Experience in supporting and delivering communications activities for infrastructure projects is preferred.
- Current, comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the green energy industry.
- Demonstrable willingness to challenge ways of working, seek and deliver efficiency's and reduce project costs.
- Experience as a media spokesperson is desirable, but not essential.
- Welsh language skills would be a huge advantage, however, are not essential.
The excellent benefits you'll receive in return:
- Salary of up to £45,000 per annum
- Flexible working hours as well as hybrid/work from home flexibility
- Pension - pension with Scottish widows with employer contributions up to 7%
- Annual leave - 28 days per annum, plus bank holidays and the ability to buy 5 days leave
- Private medical cover via AXA from day one which is inclusive of pre-existing conditions and includes immediate family cover (spouse/partner and children) inc. mental health specific pathways, bereavement and grief support and gym provisions.
- Income protection
- Life assurance
- Annual salary reviews
- Cycle to work scheme
- Fortnightly socials - fully expensed!
Are you up for the challenge?
Yolk Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in our workforce. We employ the best people for the job at hand and actively encourage applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, educational background, parental status, gender identity or any other protected characteristic. We champion and celebrate diversity at Yolk allowing our team to bring their whole selves to work.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.