8 months ago
Principal Software Engineer, Taunton, £50,000-£65,000 + Benefits
My client, a leading commercial organisation based in Taunton is looking to recruit a Principal Software Engineer who will be responsible for the development of a range of applications. This is a hands-on role which would suit a technically strong developer who has experience of coaching and mentoring fellow team members. You will play a key role in software architecture and will contribute towards the building of new services.
This is what you’ll be doing
- Leading a delivery team and having technical oversight of a number of delivery teams. Each delivery team consists of around 5 developers, 2 testers, product owner, delivery manager.
- Technical oversight of all work relating to the delivery of services to users and customers
- Communicating progress to technical and non-technical audience, at all levels in the organisation
- Acting as an advocate of modern software engineering practices and driving change to keep up to date with technology/digital approaches
- Ensuring that the systems built are secure, supportable and work with appropriate teams across the organisation to embed best practice
- Ensuring the services built are integrate appropriately with other existing systems
- Helping to define the required skills and training for the technical team
- Ensuring the technical governance processes at the organisation are followed
- Working with other principal developers and key technical stakeholders to offer joined up technical leadership across the organisation, contributing to and providing direction on technical strategy
The experience you’ll bring to the team
- Experience implementing customer-facing services in a cloud and hybrid cloud environment, using a range of technologies such as cloud (Azure, AWS), Python, .Net, Angular, Java, SQL etc – specific tech experience is less important than the right attitude and application
- Modern agile software development experience
- Experience of leading technical delivery
And this is what you’ll get in return
My client offers a range of modern benefits including generous leave allowances, flexible working allowances, remote working options & an excellent pension scheme
Are you up to the challenge?
To apply for this role, please forward a copy of your CV immediately.