£500 - £700 per day
about 1 year ago
Principal Data Engineer - 6 Month Contract - Inside IR35 - Cardiff once a month
Yolk Recruitment Public Sector & Not-for-Profit team has partnered with a large public sector organisation to recruit a Principal Data Engineer to join their team. They are an extraordinary organisation based in Cardiff with a diverse workforce and inclusive culture.
You'll be joining a company full of passionate individuals, who take pride in their work and the business. In return, our dedicated teams are supported, encouraged, nurtured, developed, and rewarded.
You'll be joining a hardworking, supportive, and inclusive team and company who put the customer at the heart of everything they do and take pride in their work and their brand.
What the Principal Data Engineer will be doing
The ideal Principal Data Engineer will support on the technical data engineering development on the new platform, whilst also supporting our existing set of SQL Servers that are predominantly used to feed data into a number of analytics products produced by the Data Team to help the business with data-led decision making.
* Working closely with the Data Governance and Engineering Manager to ensure relevant strategic objectives successfully progress
* Supporting newer members of the team to develop their own understanding
* Managing and participating in the design and implementation of data engineering projects on both on-premise and cloud based data stacks, delivering efficient solutions that comply with architectural and data security requirements, on time
What the successful Principal Data Engineer will bring to the team
They are looking for someone who has a least 3 years Data Engineer experience as well as the following:
* Solid understanding of database administration activities and principles.
* Strong understanding of typical ingestion patterns (e.g., ETL, ELT) and their effective implementation with on-premise environments.
* Enthusiastic about putting our customers first every day.
Here's What You'll Get in Return
The successful Principal Data Engineer will be rewarded with:
* 6-Month Contract
* Hybrid working
Think this one's for you
If you think this Principal Data Engineer opportunity is for you then apply online.
Yolk Public Sector & Not-for-Profit team works with organisations across the UK to fulfil their recruitment needs and to achieve their D&I objectives. We recruit temporary, contract and permanent hires for 1 off specialist needs or for volume campaigns. We support our applicants to navigate the public sector recruitment processes and secure their dream jobs.
Yolk Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in our workforce. We employ the best people for the job at hand and actively encourage applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, educational background, parental status, gender identity or any other protected characteristic. We champion and celebrate diversity at Yolk allowing our team to bring their whole selves to work.