£70000.00 - £72000 per annum
13 days ago
23 June 2023
Lawyer - Private Client Team Leader
Bristol, UK - Salary up to £70,000
Yolk Legal are working alongside a well-established and reputable local firm in Bristol seeking to add an experienced Private Client Lawyer to their ranks to head up the department and lead the team. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced and competent Private Client Lawyer to fast-track into a senior leadership role and manage the expansion of the firm's Private Client department.
This is an opportunity to join an award winning law firm in Bristol, recognised by Chambers and Partners UK and Legal 500 UK 2023 and having received top-tier rankings and multiple awards. This firm was listed as a Finalist in the Bristol Law Society Awards 2022 for Law Firm of the Year.
The successful candidate will be joining a legal practice committed to making a positive impact in the community. Awarded the Silver Award by the Bristol Dementia Action Alliance for being a Dementia Aware Organisation, this firm's clients and the community they serve is at the heart of their work and through your work as Private Client Team Leader you will be making a massive contribution to the firm's CSR initiatives.
This is what you'll be doing
As a Private Client Team Leader you will be responsible for the following duties:-
- Managing and expanding a Private Client team in the Thornbury office, covering Probate, Trust, and later life client work.
- Providing technical advice and support for the team and keeping up to date with changes in the law.
- Conducting matters on behalf of clients in an appropriate and efficient manner, and ensuring compliance with SAR, SRA Code of Conduct, and Lexcel rules and requirements.
- Managing and supervising support services, including departmental secretaries and paralegals.
- Participating in marketing and business development activities on behalf of the department.
The is what you'll bring to the team
The successful candidate will bring the following experience to the Private Client Team:-
- 5 years+ PQE as a qualified Solicitor or FCILEx with experience and interest in Wills and estate administration and LPAs.
- Extensive knowledge of tax and ideally experience in Trust work.
- Ideally, a STEP qualification or willingness to study for it.
- Experience in managing a team is advantageous.
This is what you'll get in return
You will receive the following benefits:-
- Competitive salary and annual bonus depending on individual and firm performance throughout the year.
- 25 days holiday per year with the ability to purchase up to five additional days. Extra holidays are provided after three years' service up to a maximum of 33 days.
- Hybrid working arrangements
- Death in service up to x4 times your salary
- Discounted legal services
- Medicash Plan which includes virtual GP support and cashback on routine medical treatment
Are you up to the challenge?
If you are looking to pursue the next step in your career with a highly regarded law firm, we encourage you to apply by contacting Oliver Coodye on 07458 142 713 or alternatively send your CV
Yolk Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in our workforce. We employ the best people for the job at hand and actively encourage applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, educational background, parental status, gender identity or any other protected characteristic. We champion and celebrate diversity at Yolk allowing our team to bring their whole selves to work.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.