£30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
25 March 2023
Process Chemist and Technologist
up to £40,000 doe
Yolk Recruitment is currently supporting a well-established manufacturing company in their search for a Process Chemist & Technologist to join their team.
As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for managing materials and formulations used in standard production processes on the site.
You will work closely with the production team and material suppliers to ensure consistency in processing materials and managing variations. If you are passionate about chemistry and process technology, then we want to hear from you.
This is what you'll be doing as Process Chemist and Technologist:
- Manage rubber compound on site from a technical functional aspect to ensure it is available and suitable for production requirements.
- Assist in the development of formulations and the measurement of the physical and mechanical performance of the resulting material.
- Provide support with process and material functional skills and knowledge for the production of samples.
- Work both internally and externally with key parties to reduce, reuse, and recycle scrap and waste material.
- Take an active role, including project management, in the introduction of new processes into manufacturing.
- Undertake any other projects as defined by the Senior Chemist & Technical Manager, including Environmental and Health & Safety projects.
- Provide support for the laboratory function in carrying out testing of materials and products.
- Provide support and cover in the absence of colleagues and undertake other appropriate duties as directed by the Senior Chemist & Technical Manager.
The experience you'll bring to the team as Process Chemist and Technologist:
- Knowledge of Rubber Chemistry & Process Technology.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels of the business and with Customers and Suppliers.
- Able to achieve agreed objectives and deadlines.
- Strong problem-solving skills using a structured approach and recognized tools.
If you feel you have the skills, experience and passion to be successful in this Process Chemist and Technologist role apply now
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.