£25,000 - £30,000
6 months ago
Product Design Engineer
£25,000 - £30,000
A new opportunity has been created for a Product Design Engineer (minimum 1 year industry experience) to join this powerhouse of innovation, a company known for consistently treading the first ground in its field, for constant innovation in the design and development of ground breaking products and for creating jobs through the resulting growth of its UK manufacturing presence.
This is an exciting new Design role working in a growing team, developing and designing both new and existing products from concept to manufacture. You'll be able to see your designs through to mass production, developing your career with a business dominating its market space and known for its innovation and drive for continued excellence. The successful candidate will be a creative yet methodical individual with a good understanding og design and engineering principles, with some experience in the challenges involved with developing products from concept to mass manufacture.
This is what you’ll be doing
- Product/Mechanical Design primarily using Solidworks. (3D Solid and Surface modelling)
- Ensuring designs are suitable for mass production.
- 3D Printing concepts for usability trials and functional testing
- Testing and validation of prototype and pre-production parts.
- Managing project documentation- test reports, drawings, DFMEA etc.
- Production and Part Approval support
The experience you’ll bring to the team
- 1 year industrial experience
- Experience designing mechatronic products
- Industry experience using Solid Works
- Knowledge/ experience of designing high quality plastic parts for injection moulding
And this is what you’ll get in return
- £25,000 -£30,000 per annum, dependent on skills and experience.
- 25 days’ holiday, plus bank holiday
- Free parking
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
Are you up to the challenge?
Please apply with a CV and a cover letter outlining why you’re perfect for the role. We also have a referral scheme so if you know of someone who would be great for the role please get in touch.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.