£25000 - £30000 per annum
15 days ago
30 October 2021
£25,000 - £30,000
This well known engineering business has over 100 year history of designing and manufacturing high quality bespoke products, providing customer-led engineered solutions to high profile clients in a broad range of industries. The name is a brand synonymous with Quality and they're known locally for providing life long careers that develop and reward.
A new opportunity has been created for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join the Development team, working with great people in a supportive and collaborative environment. You’ll develop bespoke designs for customers based on existing designs and soon enough will take ownership of entirely new R&D projects. This is a CAD intensive role but firmly design over draughting, requiring a strong mechanical background, and that will give the successful candidate exposure to more than most design roles.
This is what you’ll be doing as a Mechanical Design Engineer
- Model and develop bespoke designs for customers based on existing designs
- Work closely with R&D on often complex projects2
- Provide specialist support to customers via the sales team
- Work in collaboration with production engineering regarding the manufacture of designed products.
- Preparation and control of drawings for manufacture
- Compile product/design specifications
- Prepare bills of materials and maintain ERP data
- Mechanical Engineering knowledge / qualification
- A good working knowledge of 3D CAD – AutoCAD, Solidworks, Creo or Inventor
- Experience producing engineering drawings
And this is what you’ll get in return
- A generous salary depending on experience, Circa £30,000
- Early finish on Friday
- 25 days + bank holidays
- Professional development - fully funded training courses / valuable qualifications
- Career prospects
- Company Pension
- Free parking
- Experience collaborating with highly qualified and experienced engineering teams
Are you up to the challenge?
If you feel you have the skills, experience and passion to be successful in this Mechanical Design Engineer role apply now.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.