£27456 + OT
2 months ago
07 July 2019
A rapidly growing high-tech engineering business is expanding their manufacturing facilities, creating a number of new opportunities to join their team. A new role has been created to diagnose and rectify faults on electronic products rejected during the assembly process. This is a two shift role, working 40 hours per week, plus overtime. This shift pattern is one week of 6am – 2pm Mon-Fri and 1 week of 2pm – 11pm, Mon-Thur and 2pm – 6pm Fri.
This is what you’ll be doing
- Fault finding on products that fail during assembly, carrying out analysis down to component level
- Rectifying faults where possible – e.g. swapping a defective component, re-soldering a circuit
- Reassembling products for reintroduction to production
- Provide categorisation and pareto analysis of faults
- Identify effective corrective actions and tracking progress
- Provide technical reports on issues
- Support Development Engineers on the introduction of new models
The experience you’ll bring to the team
- Fault finding and rectification in an electronic assembly operation
- Knowledge of PCB technology
- Interpretation of technical/engineering information/drawings
- Organisational and analytical skills
- A proactive, collaborative approach to problem solving
- Able to communicate at all levels within an organisation
There are also some must haves:
- Qualification in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, or significant experience carrying out the above duties
And this is what you’ll get in return
- Opportunities for development in an exciting high tech engineering company
- £12 per hour + shift allowance = £27,456
- Statutory pension
- 25 days + bank holidays
- Childcare Vouchers
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Free parking
Are you up to the challenge?
If you feel you have the skills, experience and passion to be successful in this role apply now. You can apply here or contact our Head of Engineering Phil Pitman directly at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 02921 673717.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.