over 1 year ago
£42,000 + excellent benefits
An exciting new opportunity has been created for an experienced Production Manager to join one of the UK’s most established manufacturing organisations that produces essential products for a truly global client base. The post comes with an extremely competitive range of benefits including up to a 20% pension, annual pay reviews, annual pay reviews and a profit share scheme.
This is what you’ll be doing
You’ll be responsible for delivering the operational plan within your business unit, ensuring all finished products meet customer expectations, efficiently and cost effectively. You’ll be driving, monitoring, sustaining, and supporting day-to-day processes on the manufacturing plant, including developing and delivering strategies to improve and optimise process capability and quality; developing and implementing practices or methodologies which reduce cost and improve operational efficiency; analysing data, creating reports, conducting root cause analysis and implementing corrective action. In addition you’ll be responsible for driving a positive culture in Safety, Health and Environment.
Key responsibilities include
- Delivery of sales and operational plans for the area
- Accountable for adherence to all quality systems and standards.
- To monitor and report on technical KPIs (Schedule adherence, RFT & COPQ), developing action plans to correct adverse trends and to drive continuous improvements in the operational and quality performance
- Lead, develop and coach Team Leaders for high performance and achieve production SLA’s and KPI’s. Set action plans for improvement where necessary.
- To continuously monitor and report internal rejections and customer complaints, to instigate root cause and corrective activities to promote waste reduction and continuous improvement
- Ensures robust procedures and practices are in place to ensure all members of the production team have capabilities to perform their roles effectively.
- Audit systems and standard work to ensure adherence to process.
- Continually drive the production teams to demonstrate world class behaviours in order to achieve the annual objectives and company vision.
- Carry out ‘go-look-see’ activity and coach teams in structured problem solving in order to make improvements and develop standard responses
- Ensure that working practices are reviewed and continuously improved to ensure they optimise flexibility and maximise both productivity and cost effectiveness
- Be an active part of the production management team to continually review and develop best practice production processes and systems
- Review, development and implement robust processes and procedures to ensure on-going and accurate reporting of departmental performance metrics
- Manage and control agreed budgets.
The experience you’ll bring to the team
- Experience of managing large teams in production within an engineering and manufacturing environment, including building large teams, budget and SHE
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing principles and best practices
- Demonstrable experience of implementing and driving through improvement and change
- Experience in production/engineering management and systems
- Experience in coaching large teams to deliver business objectives and quality / productivity improvement activities
- Budget management experience
- Experience of the process and associated failure modes.
And this is what you’ll get in return
- A generous salary of £42,000
- 25 days + bank holidays
- Professional development - fully funded training courses
- Career prospects
- Company Pension – up to 20% inc employee/employer contribution
- Profit related pay scheme
- Free parking
Are you up to the challenge?
If you feel you have the skills, experience and passion to be successful in this role apply now. You can apply here or contact our Head of Engineering Phil Pitman directly at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 02921 673717.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.