£50,000 - £60,000
11 months ago
£50,000 - £60,000
An exciting new opportunity has been created for an experienced Production/Engineering Manager to join one of the UK’s most established manufacturing organisations, a high volume manufacturing business that produces essential products for a truly global client base.The post comes with an extremely competitive range of benefits including pension, bonus, healthcare and career development opportunities.
This is what you’ll be doing
You’ll be responsible for delivering the operational plan within your business unit, driving, monitoring, sustaining, and supporting day-to-day processes on the manufacturing plant, including developing and delivering strategies to improve and optimise productivity; developing and implementing practices or methodologies which reduce cost and improve operational efficiency; and for driving a positive Health and Safety culture.
Key responsibilities include
- Work with the senior management team to create and deliver action plans to achieve wider business goals
- Delivery of operational plans for your business unit.
- Lead, develop and coach Team Leaders for high performance and to achieve production SLA's and KPI's.
- Developing action plans to correct adverse trends and to drive continuous improvements in the operational performance
- Lead, develop and coach Team Leaders for high performance and achieve production SLA’s and KPI’s. Set action plans for improvement where necessary.
- Ensures robust procedures and practices are in place to ensure all members of the production team have capabilities to perform their roles effectively.
- Be an active part of the production management team to continually review and develop best practice production processes and systems
- Manage and control agreed budgets.
The experience you’ll bring to the team
- Experience of managing large teams in production within an engineering and manufacturing environment, including building large teams, budget and HSE
- Demonstrable experience of implementing and driving through improvement and change
- Experience in production/engineering management and systems
- Experience in coaching large teams to deliver business objectives and quality / productivity improvement activities
- Budget management experience
And this is what you’ll get in return
- Salary to £60,000 + average bonus of £10-15K
- Professional development
- Proven career development opportunities
Are you up to the challenge?
If you feel you have the skills, experience and passion to be successful in this role apply now.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.