Up to £50000
8 months ago
Are you an experienced Production/ Manufacturing Manager with experience within a fast moving manufacturing environment? Are you currently looking for a day’s only role with the opportunity to progress? If yes, then please read on for more information on an exciting opportunity to undertake a days based maintenance role for a fantastic employer based in South Wales.
This is what you’ll be doing
You’ll be reporting into the General Manager to ensure the successful delivery of busy manufacturing centre helping to implement introducing a TQM System, in addition to managing the production team. Furthermore, the successful candidate will be responsible for the: Monitor the cost and effectiveness of production activities to maximise productivity, optimise resources, prioritise spending and achieve Volume and Quality targets.
Responsible for planned scheduling creation and overseeing the adherence and timely completion of work carried out whilst ensuring that Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are adhered to.
The experience you’ll bring to the team
- It is essential that the successful applicant is a time-served within a technically challenging department.
- Champion all lean practices within standard daily work routines in the Production Unit, such as: Managing for Daily Improvement, 5S, Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE), Root Cause Problem Solving
- Experience monitoring quality and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures.
- It would be desirable for the successful candidate to hold an IOSH Managing Safely, or equivalent, qualification.
- Previous experience of leading large production teams and continuous improvements activities.
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely to all levels, both within the organisation and with suppliers.
- Able to work as a constructive member of a team, and have strong sense of responsibility
- Professionalism; displays a positive attitude toward company strategy
- Proven ability to be able to work well and deliver results, even in times of pressure.
And this is what you’ll get in return
A base salary of circa £50,000 + Benefits.
You’ll be joining a business currently experiencing significant growth, which also offer fantastic progression opportunities.
Are you up to the challenge?
Are you what we’re looking for? Please get in touch today with engineering specialist recruiter, Andy Jones on either email@example.com or 02921 673 741.
Please apply with a CV and feel free to include a cover letter outlining why you’re perfect for the role. We also have a referral scheme so if you know of someone who would be great for the role please get in touch.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.