7 months ago
Are you currently a Junior Planner/Buyer who is looking for a new opportunity? Would you like the opportunity to join a thriving SME manufacturer who is able to offer you a great development opportunity? If yes then please read on!
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Production Planner to join a manufacturer based in South Wales. The role is 40 hours per week, 8am to 4pm Monday to Friday
This is what you’ll be doing.
The Production Planner will strive to ensure smooth running of manufacturing operations planning schedules to meet customer demands in a time efficient manner. The role will involve planning, purchasing and control of materials.
Daily tasks will include
- Compilation of weekly production plan in the most efficient way – minimising change-overs, optimum utilisation of employee numbers, minimising allergen clean-downs, etc.
- Horizon scanning of NPD launches and liaising directly with customers regarding volume increases, delists, seasonal activity, etc. and planning accordingly
- Planning of weekly production plan requiring short, medium and long-term planning and forecasting against customer orders / predicted forecasts
- Working with Production Manager and production team to ensure delivery of plan
- Monitoring delivery service levels and working with Operations Manager to implement corrective and preventative action to ensure service levels remain on target
- Purchasing raw materials (ambient, frozen and chilled meat) according to the requirements of the production plan
- Price negotiations with suppliers
- Carrying out purchasing in bulk if seasonality demands or JIT whilst taking cash flow and forecasts lead times into account
- Communicating information regarding planning, service level and raw material purchasing internally and ensuring all relevant staff are on-board with targets
- Managing stock control of raw materials in off-site 3rd party storage
The Experience you’ll bring to the team.
- Previously held a production planning role
- Experience of purchasing (ideally)
- Experience working within a food/FMCG manufacturing environment
And this is what you’ll get in return
A base salary between £25000-£30000, with lots of overtime opportunities + benefits.
You’ll be joining a growing business who is currently experiencing a sustained period of growth due to the focus on single use plastics, which can offer future progression opportunities in the future.
Are you up to the challenge?
Are you what we’re looking for? Please get in touch today with engineering specialist recruiter, Andy Jones on either email@example.com or 02921 673 741.
Please apply with a CV and feel free to include a cover letter outlining why you’re perfect for the role. We also have a referral scheme so if you know of someone who would be great for the role please get in touch.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.