£32,000 - £36,000
about 1 month ago
Production Shift Manager
£32,000 - £36,000
This rapidly growing engineering and manufacturing business is once again expanding their manufacturing facilities and with the purchase of a new site is creating a number of new opportunities to join their team. The business has continued to excel even in the most difficult of market conditions, and teams here are benefiting from this security and developing their careers as a result of the continued growth.
We're looking for a technically qualified Production Shift Manager who will manage the production operation for a designated shift, achieving performance targets, addressing technical and process issues, and implementing opportunities for continuous improvement.
This is what you’ll be doing
• Leading automated, semi-automated and manual production processes, ensuring staff are organised and competent to achieve production targets;
• Assuring the health and safety of staff, contractors and visitors to the area
• Ensuring that required quality standards are achieved, through having clearly defined procedures, specifications and standards in place and adhered to;
• Managing production set-up and product changeover processes
• Ensuring effective supply of materials to production processes:
• Ensuring material traceability at all stages of the process;
• Ensuring that the workplace is well organised, with housekeeping to clinical standards;
• Ensuring that all staff respect waste management procedures;
• Operating in accordance with agreed budgets and promoting a culture of cost efficiency;
• Ensuring appropriate performance data and KPIs are generated and reported daily/periodically to monitor the effectiveness and efficiency of manufacturing operations;
• Implementing tools and techniques to facilitate continuous improvement;
• Ensuring staff are treated and treat others fairly, with dignity and respect;
• Actively managing staff attendance, providing required time and attendance information, with a fair and rigorous approach to dealing with attendance issues;
• Undertaking formal disciplinary, grievance and absence reviews where required
The experience you’ll bring to the team
Previous experience leading teams in manufacturing, with responsibility for safety, quality and output.
Experience in managing PLC controlled assembly equipment
HNC or equivalent in an Engineering discipline
Leadership qualifications (e.g. ILM)
Business Improvement Techniques (e.g. NVQ Level 2/3)
And this is what you’ll get in return
Salary to £32,000 + shift allowance (35/36K depending on 2/3 shifts)
25 days + bank holidays
Cycle to work Scheme
Are you up to the challenge?
If you feel you have the skills, experience and passion to be successful in this role apply now.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.