£24500 - £25500
3 months ago
Production Team Leader
£24500 - £25500 + OT
This rapidly growing engineering and manufacturing business is once again expanding their manufacturing facilities and with the purchase of a new site is creating a number of new opportunities to join their team, including new posts as Production Team Leader. The business has continued to excel even in the most difficult of market conditions, and teams here are benefiting from this security and developing their careers as a result of the continued growth.
2 and 3 shift roles are available (6 - 2, 2 - 10 / 10 - 6), Monday - Friday.
This is what you’ll be doing as Production Team Leader
- Lead a team of Production Operatives to achieve productivity and quality targets while driving a safety first culture
- Ensure handling of materials and product is in accordance with required quality standards
- Verify that all production workstations are correctly equipped to run the scheduled finished goods, including completion of all required documentation
- Allocate Production Operatives to tasks in accordance with production requirements and operator competence in the task
- Ensure all Operatives are aware of required production targets and regularly monitor performance against targets, escalating any issues to the Shift Leaders
- Co-ordinate change of works
- Ensuring effective line clearance and set-up of all workstations
- Accurate and timely completion of all required records
- Manage PPE requirements for all Production Operatives
- Co-ordinate and record training of all Production Operatives
- Undertaking training when required
- Provide cover for Operatives who need to be away from their workstation
- Oversee activity of Senior Operatives on other processes when required
- Undertake Return to Work interviews following absence
- Manage any employee relations issues at the informal stage
- Senior person on site outside day shift hours in the absence of the Shift Leader.
The experience you’ll bring to the team
- Significant experience in co-ordinating/leading teams in a manufacturing environment, with responsibility for all aspects of the operation: safety, quality, output
- Competent in use of computer systems/programme
- Understanding of employee relations issues
And this is what you’ll get in return
- Salary to £24500 – 25500
- Overtime available
- 25 days + bank holidays
- Company pension
- Safe working environment – PPE provided / COVID safety precautions in place
Are you up to the challenge?
If you feel you have the skills, experience and passion to be successful in this role apply now.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.