£25 - £30 per hour
02921 67 37 46
6 days ago
12 June 2022
Yolk Recruitment are recruiting for a Production Test Engineer to join our client's team on a 6 month initial deal in Bolton.
You will be a valued member of the Manufacturing function and you will be tasked to carry out production test and diagnostics of complex weapons at system and sub-system level. Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Testing of complex electronic sub-assemblies and circuit cards, and diagnosis of production test failures down to component level.
- Generation of test specifications, operator instructions and technical reports based on higher-level requirements.
- Providing technical support to test operators to facilitate the efficient throughput of prime equipment hardware during production.
- Identification of remedial and corrective actions following test failures, in a timely manner, to allow Manufacturing to continue production in line with the programme.
- Assessment of related test equipment issues, advising maintenance and support services to resolve equipment failures.
- Evaluation of technical problems in order to develop proposals for investigations and subsequent corrective actions, including process improvements for manufacturing test.
- Test Engineering representative at Defect Review Board meetings to ensure efficient progress of equipment and associated quality notifications towards corrective action. The successful Production Test Engineer - Electronics will have the following skills and experience to carry out the duties assigned to the role:
- A good understanding of digital and analogue electronic measurement and test principles, as well as fault diagnosis techniques.
- Awareness of electrical/electronic system and sub-system integration and test philosophies.
- An understanding of RF and Microwave technology at subsystem level would be an advantage.
- Ability to plan and organise own work in line with given priorities.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including generation of test specifications and reports.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Experience of using both manual and automated test equipment in an electronics manufacturing environment.