26 days ago
22 June 2019
A global law firm, are looking for an enthusiastic Claims Handler, to join their top tier Legal 500 and Chambers UK award winning, Professional and Commercial Risks team. This role is a permanent position, in their Bristol office. Notably, this firm offer training contracts and are keen to progress those who are committed to a long term career in this field.
This is what you’ll be doing
You will provide excellent service to clients (including solicitors, surveyors, accountants, brokers, engineers and architects throughout the UK), in the management of their professional indemnity cases.
- Manage a varied professional indemnity caseload under supervision
- Develop an understanding of each professions rules and procedures
- Maintain and develop client relationships
- Resolve claims through negotiation, and instruct experts and counsel where appropriate
- Assume responsibility for updating the case management system, compliance and quality control
- Review new cases, assessing liability and quantum for each case
The experience you’ll bring to the team
- LLB degree (min 2:1)
- Experience of working as a paralegal/claims handler, ideally within professional negligence
- Excellent client relationship skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to use your own initiative
- Committed, enthusiastic and proactive
And this is what you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary
- Private Medical insurance
- Pension scheme
- 26 days holiday (with the option to buy and sell)
- Great city centre location
- Structured progression opportunities
Are you up to the challenge?
If you believe that you have the skills and experience for the role – then please get in touch. We also offer a referral scheme for any candidates whose details are passed to us that we successfully place. If you have any further questions then please contact Rebecca Bond at Yolk Recruitment on 02921 673 719.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying – then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.*