£500 - £600 per day
2 months ago
Project Engineer (process) - up to £600 per day inside ir35 - 6 months (extension highly likely) North London - fully onsite working - one stage interview - Sector: Hazardous material
Yolk Recruitment are recruiting for a project engineer to working with the one of the worlds most renowned manufacturing and innovators for sustainable solutions and scientific research.
This is an exciting opportunity to deliver engineering solutions for new product and chemical process equipment introductions, with the aim of establishing safe, efficient, and robust manufacturing processes. Reporting to the Lead Project Engineer you will be responsible for design, development, and deployment of chemical process engineering solutions from Initiation through to Handover to the Value Stream Operations teams.
- Deliver new products and chemical processing equipment to the clients new operations.
- Support the project managers by delivering safe, efficient and robust process engineering solutions for new chemical processing equipment introductions.
- Contribute to hazard studies for the safe introduction of new chemical processing equipment.
- Develop the URS (User Requirements Specifications) with the end users for new chemical processing equipment.
- Create FDS (Functional Design Specifications) and Plant Layouts for new chemical processing equipment.
- Work with external suppliers to create chemical process engineering solutions which are safe, efficient and robust.
- Conduct design reviews using DFMEA and DRBFM studies to identify the risks and formulate action and control plans for all new chemical processing equipment introductions.
- Prepare detailed installation plans and coordinate the installation of chemical processing equipment in the production plant.
- Produce FAT, SAT and commissioning plans and reports for all new chemical processing equipment.
- Support the creation of VSOPs, SWES, OPL and training documentation for the safe and effective operation of new chemical processing equipment.
- Experience in successful delivery of chemical process engineering projects in a manufacturing environment
- Experience of developing automated process control solutions desired.
- Knowledge of project management tools and the application, including visual planning.
- Ability to lead and support projects in a multi-disciplinary and complex environment.
- Knowledge of Environmental, Health and Safety practices
- Previous experience in a hazardous material sector (oil, gas, chemical or nuclear or pharmaceutical manufacturing)
- Project management trained with experience of Prince2, PMI or APM desired.
- Understanding of Lean manufacturing practices and value stream mapping
- Knowledge of Quality Management Systems ISO16949, ISO14001 and ISO18001