Competitive Salary DOE
12 days ago
06 January 2022
A new opportunity has been created for a Project Engineer to deliver improvement projects related to production equipment and tooling, automation, NPI and site facilities in this large and well-established manufacturing business that provides life changing services.
The business has remained the industry leader and a name synonymous with quality on the world stage, and known as one of the most attractive employers in the region, offering a great package, ongoing development and career opportunities and a relaxed and supportive working environment with a focus on employee wellbeing.
This role is well suited to an Engineer with experience delivering projects and who’s looking for an employer that will give you the resources, budget and time to deliver interesting work from concept to completion in a great team.
As Project Engineer in this team, you’ll be responsible for:
- Specification, development and purchase of site facility, equipment and tooling needs.
- Identification of future Capital investment projects to improve the business offerings and competitive edge
- Coordination and execution of Factory acceptance (FAT) and Site acceptance (SAT) trials.
- Ensure the setup of all technical documentation and paperwork such as tooling logs, setting sheets, online working sheets, planned preventative maintenance schedules, schedules covering all new equipment and plant brought onto site on the technical services department.
- Ensure all activities undertaken are in accordance with statutory, regulatory and company EHS, and technical standards, procedures and systems.
- Maintenance of the technical operations and project engineering ways of working including but not limited to databases, specifications, templates, SOP’s and training.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement Projects as required, including all OEE projects to ensure improved efficiencies, reduced waste and cost.
- Assist in technical, product and process reviews to resolve operational, performance and functional issues.
- Monitoring of future technologies and market trends identifying areas for potential investment including reporting and recommendations
- Previous experience delivering engineering projects
- An apprenticeship or degree in a mechanical/electrical discipline
- Understanding of facility and engineering issues and processes.
- Verbal and written communication skills to interact with internal and external customers at a senior level.
- Ability to influence and collaborate at all levels in order to achieve company targets.
- Experience working with automated production equipment
- Experience developing proposals and concepts in conjunction with system integrators
- An understanding of tooling design and manufacturing processes
- Competitive salary in line with experience
- Hybrid working
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Attractive pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance and Well-Being programme
- Supported professional development
- Proven career development opportunities
- The opportunity to work with like-minded Improvement engineers in a large and financially secure Manufacturing business that is continuing to invest in people, equipment and processes and to lead the way in its specialist field.
If you feel you have the skills, experience and passion to be successful in this role apply now.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.