Up to £80000 per annum
10 days ago
12 April 2023
Project Management Lead - £80k - Birmingham - Hybrid 2 days a week in office - Professional Services - Career Progression - enhanced benefits
Yolk Recruitment are working with an IT department within a leading UK legal Organisation, We are seeking Project Management Lead to that wants to be part of the Business Operations Family.
The team comprises Change Management, Development and Innovation professionals that are responsible for definition and delivery of transformations change across the IT system / processes improvements, as well as developing client-specific solutions, and managing integration's between systems.
The purpose of this role is to lead, coach and mentor a small team of Project Management professionals in the coordination, governance and delivery of both technical and business change projects and programmes leading to great customer experiences.
This role will also require the hands-on project management delivery of assigned strategic projects within time and cost constraints, you will need to show experience of working in a professional services organisation
As the Project Management Lead you would be.
- Leading, coaching and mentoring a team of Project Management professionals in the coordination, governance and delivery of Technology and Business Change projects and programmes leading to great customer experiences.
- The definition of development professional development plans for direct reports and tracking progress against plans.
- Promoting the use of best practice Project Management methodology.
- Supporting the planning of Project portfolio, to ensure that priority projects are resourced eficiently
- The definition, documentation, and successful end-to-end delivery of assigned Strategic projects within agreed time scales and budget.
- Clearly articulating business requirements, business process, delivery plans and the benefits cases for projects and programmes of work.
- Preparation and maintenance of project management products (PID, RAID, status reports, change control, Business Case, BRS, Test and other key documentation).
- Liaising between business stakeholders, IT Team members, 3rd parties (Including identification of and contracting with 3rd parties), clients and others as required to deliver Projects and Programmes for the business.
- Developing strategies and measures to mitigate and/or control risks identified ensuring contingency plans are developed and executed.
- Ownership of work breakdown structure, production of estimates, project plans, engineering plans, finances, risk & contingency, scope management and change control
- Maintaining open and effective communication with users and stakeholders with regards to the planning and delivery of projects.
- Achieving project buy in and co-operation and minimise impact of risk to the business.
- Ensuring projects create all necessary documentation to enable Operational service teams to fully any solutions or service delivered, after the project has concluded.
The above description is not an exhaustive list due to the nature of the role. Therefore, the job holder may be required from time to time to carry out other ad hoc tasks as requested.
What experience do you need:
This opportunity would ideally suit an individual from a professional services background with experience of working with business users and IT Teams. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Excellent problem analysis, system design, troubleshooting and resolution skills.
- Confident project planning, estimation, requirements gathering, and business case writing.
- 3rd party supplier selection, contracting and management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Line management, mentoring and professional development of Project management professionals.
- Demonstrable experience in delivering end to end business change and IT projects.
- Requirements gathering.
- Working with C-level stakeholders within organisation.
- 3rd party supplier management.