£0 - £65 per hour
19 days ago
10 July 2022
Yolk Recruitment are recruiting for a Software Project Manager to join our client on an initial 6 month contract,
Your role will be to manage a software development team producing high-reliability software products for control of satellite payloads.
The primary role of this position is to ensure that the customer requirements flown down via a work order or contract are delivered On Quality, On Time and On Cost reporting to the Head of Proposals and Projects
You will be the primary interface to the customer ensuring that deliverables are produced in-line with the project schedule and relevant gate/quality reviews and customer reviews.
You will be fully responsible for all aspects of the project and ensure the allocated team delivers to customer satisfaction, Project teams range from 5-15 people
- 6+ years’ experience in managing as Project Manager medium to large SW projects through all the SW lifecycle.
- Good knowledge of SW development V-Model, SW requirement management, HW/SW & SW/SW integration and SW testing.
- A good understanding of AGILE methodology
- Highly developed analytical skills to be able to challenge the development & validation team constantly, achieving best value for the customer.
- Strong internal/external customer facing skills to enable discussion and presentation of complex issues and solutions
- Professional PM Qualification or a proven track record of project delivery in a high-quality software development environment.
- SC Cleared or 5+ Years in the UK
The ability to communicate in a relevant manner with all parties including:
- Internal / external customer
- Product Group Management
- Systems Design team
- Engineering / Design
- Quality / Product Assurance
- Production / Test
- Procurement / Suppliers
- Drive the Project through all the SW lifecycle from requirement analysis to delivery
- Drives budgets, schedule, dependency analysis, risk management, and risk mitigation strategy
- Coordinate stakeholder management
- Lead and facilitate Multi-functional Core Team
- Set Team / Individual Project objectives
- Endorse Project goals and define Development Plan
- Implementation of divisional standards
- Communicate milestone issues with core team
- Manage projects and establish EAC / CTC throughout the project life cycle in line with company processes
- Ensure programmes effectively focus on mitigation of risk to result in successful completion.
- Deliver projects on time, on quality and in costs
- Responsible for overall internal and contractual compliance to the product & project requirements
- Details Work Breakdown Structures/Packages
- Triggers internal Design Reviews
- Provide inputs to the Monthly Review, Business Reviews and other relevant reviews and in line with the agreed methods and principles.
- Drives tight change control management and impact reviews (including ECOs)
- Triggers and coordinates gate/quality reviews
- Resolves project / functional conflicts
- Provides input to functional managers for Team Members performance evaluation
- Manage resources assignment within Core Team
- Configuration management of project and manufacturing documents
- Liaises on cross project shared resources and facility conflicts
- Develop relationships with internal/external suppliers
- Act as the Project Champion (advocate)
- Provide Project reporting to management and customers