£30 - £41.97 per hour
7 days ago
23 February 2023
PROJECT PLANNER/CONTROLLER - INSIDE IR35 - £41.97 PER HOUR - 6 MONTHS - STEVENAGE, HERTFORDSHIRE - SINGLE STAGE PROCESS - FULL TIME ON SITE
Yolk Recruitment are recruiting for a Project Planner/Controller to join our defence client on a 6 month deal from Stevenage.
The role of the Project Planner is to deliver the following key objectives, through ownership and provision of best practice Project Planning to their respective sector / project team; Working in collaboration and support of the Business Performance Management Team and the Technical Teams, responsible for the development, deployment and ongoing management of the Primavera Integrated Plan Network Practicing, promoting and upholding the company standard of Planning and Scheduling.
- Analysing ongoing progress and performance, assessing this against contractual and internal targets - determining variance and its respective causes.
- Preparing reports and recommending actions to maintain and or improve progress.
- Establish and Initiate the Sector / Projects Overall Project Schedule and ensure it is Deployed and maintained to the Company Standard.
- Support the development of Planning Skills across the Project Team, Coaching Engineering, Production and Project Management team members in best practice Planning and Scheduling.
- Integrate all Work package plans and ensure they are fully integrated to achieve an overall network to the company standard Deploy, Manage and Maintain the Projects Performance Measurement Baseline.
- Support the Work package teams updating their plans on a monthly basis.
- Produce, Distribute and Report Project Schedule Data as Requirement, advising on conflicts and corrective actions.
- Manage the Earned Value Management (EVM) methodology and apply when Requirement.
- Manage and the Project Critical Path Analysis Process to the company standard.
- Foster good working relationships with engineers and the broader community to be able to embed the company's project control standards, systems and methods delivering accurate and quality project performance status data in a timely manner.
- Possess a high level of competence and experience with Primavera and SAP PS and with industry standard computing applications (specifically spreadsheets).
- Hold durable communication skills, capable of working in large teams with a complexity of skills (Engineering, Finance, Commercial, Project Management, etc)
- possess the appeal of working in a multicultural pan-European environment.
- Have a proven level of Commercial and Financial management experience.
- A proactive team player who can inspire others who is assertive and possesses strong negotiation and arbitration skills.