Project Procurement Manager
Up to £600 per day
8 days ago
Project Procurement Manager - £600 per day inside IR35 - 6 months (extension likely) - UK wide flexible hybrid working - one stage virtual interview - Sector: Green Tech / Chemical
Yolk recruitment are recruiting for a project procurement manager to work with a global leader in green technology and manufacturing as they continue to expand there operations across the UK.
You will work closely with HM's 3rd party EPCM contractors, ensuring procurement contractual arrangements are suitable and sufficient and that the right agreements and performance measures are in place to track progress against delivery. Responsibility for delivery of all project capex procurement will sit with this role.
You will contribute significantly to contract development, tendering, supplier selection and the negotiation. Key to the role is to manage contracts and KPI's to ensure optimal value is delivered and to ensure a clear contracts and procurement sourcing strategy is in place.
The Contracts and Procurement Manager is responsible for the optimisation and implementation of the project procurement, ensuring all capital equipment to be procured fits the companies criteria.
- Ownership of the procurement input into the related Capital Projects business processes and procedures, consistent with agreed scope.
- Ownership of the project procurement plan and it's execution in line with project, programme and business requirements.
- Represent procurement within the project team and to projects key stakeholders in project governance meetings, providing leadership as required.
- Support Project Manager performance manage EPCM consultant.
- Lead selection of, and negotiate contract for, sub-contractors.
- Ensure project procurement plan is mapped out in full, robust and up to date.
- EPCM consultant are conducted in a competitive and transparent manner and in accordance with project delivery requirements.
- Drive procurement of critical & high value packages in a timely manner, negotiating cost savings and mitigating supply risk on the project.
- Support supplier selection, following a standard purchasing approach (quality, total cost, delivery time, innovation, avoid single sourcing, promote standardisation).
- Sharing barriers and key information with leadership as well as Group Procurement category leaders.
- Provide regular reporting to both the project team and Group Procurement Global Category Leader - CAPEX & MRO.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience within a procurement management role
- Understanding of IChemE & FIDIC type contract templates
- Experience project procurement management gained within industrial or process industry projects
- Experience leading and managing a team
- Knowledge of quality standards, tools and processes
- Strong negotiation skills
- Degree in a technical field or equivalent