4 months ago
06 November 2021
Property and Wills & Probate Junior Lawyer
Cardiff City Centre
A commercial law firm with growing Property team is looking for a junior fee earner to deal with residential property maters as well as some wills and probate matters (70%/30% split respectively). This firm value staff work life balance and consider a manageable work load as their priority. Therefore you’ll have circa 80 files and the work will be high quality and not volume. Client service and employee satisfaction is key for this law firm.
This is what you’ll be doing
Circa 70% conveyancing matters:
· Dealing with own caseload from initial instruction to completion of residential property matters
· Dealing with all technical property matters with assistance
· Dealing with other solicitors, work providers and clients
· Experienced in working with case management systems, The Land Registry website etc.
· Handling the entire process of the conveyancing from the outset to completion
· Check legal titles to all freehold transactions and be able to deal with all elements of these transactions
· Be responsible and accountable for files
Circa 30% wills and probate:
· Dealing with a small caseload of wills and probate matters including basic wills, Lasting Powers of Attorney and some probate.
The experience you need for this role
· A qualified Legal Executive, Licensed Conveyancer or Solicitor / Lawyer
· Experience within residential property law is essential
· Experience within Wills and Probate is desirable but not essential
· Excellent client care skills
· Strong academics
· IT Literate
This is what you’ll get in return
A work life balance
Highly competitive salary
The supportive team and firm who put their staff's wellbeing first
Are you up for the challenge?
If you believe that you have the skills and experience for the role - then please get in touch. We also offer a referral scheme for any candidates whose details are passed to us that we successfully place. If you have any further questions then please contact Sarah Castle at Yolk Recruitment on 02921673737.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.*